Saint or sinner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saint or sinner

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/cc_championship/southampton/news/story_get.dor?STORY_NAME=nonwire_soccer/08/04/30/manual_150041.html&TEAMHD=soton

In view of the fact that this is arguably Southampton's most important match since their FA Cup final victory and that we still have a chance of the playoffs what do you think about this situation? His loan period will finish on the final whistle on Sunday when he reverts to being a Sheffield United player!

Even more bizarrely, according to Sheffield United, during his loan he has continued to train with the Blades on Monday and Tuesday each week then travels down to Southampton to train with the Saints on Thursday and Friday! On a more general level how will he feel? Will Pearson pick him?

The final irony is that owing to suspensions and injuries had he not gone on loan he would have been almost certain to play for the Blades. I would have thought that after the events of last year when Unsworth scored against us to send us down on the last day we might have learnt something but apparently not.

Saint or sinner

Now there's a class act if ever there was one.

Chris is the ultimate professional and will do what's right. One of my favourite ex-Huddersfield players right there.

Comment

Saint or sinner

Yes I've developed a lot of respect for him in the year or so he's been with us. Seemed a bit of a dodgy signing when Warnock brought him in but as you say, nothing but a professional approach. Reads the game well although not the quickest these days.

The situation remains though (I presume) that if the scores are level coming up to 90 minutes and the results are going our way elsewhere he could boot the ball in the Southampton net and be available to play for us in the playoffs.

Comment

Saint or sinner

The only sensible solution to this one. http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/articles/article.php?page_id=10093

Comment

Saint or sinner

Wuss.

Comment

Saint or sinner

We are nothing if not honourable.

Comment

Saint or sinner

Mick Ferguson would be appalled.

He was the Birmingham striker, sent on loan to Coventry in March 1984, who in the final game of the season, scored the winning goal for Coventry against Norwich, to save Coventry from relegation. At Birmingham's expense.

Comment

Saint or sinner

As did Trevor Womble playing on loan for Walsall, relegating us to the bottom division for the first time back in 1973.

Comment

Working...
                X