Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grotesque

We're not evil.

We're a great club with a proud history. Edwards, Busby, Charlton, Law, Best...Ure...all that. We play attractive football and bulldoze everyone in our path with cunning and trickery. We have a lovely stadium too which looks nice and do a lot of work for various charities.

We're fantastic, you can't hate a team like that. I mean, look at me...I love 'em.

Comment

Grotesque

I think the "in your face" crowd really only numbers two, but one is so wordy that he might seem like more than one person.

Comment

Grotesque

Melbourne Arab wrote:
        Hofzinser wrote:
        I can see a certain black humour in Liverpool winning a torpid final 1-0 (Kuyt, 3) with a desperate backs-to-the-wall defensive performance. But that's about as good as it gets.
        That's the result I want but I'd rather see a 120th minute penalty awarded after a blatant dive by Steven Gerrard - and then Ferguson's head explodes.
        Replace Steven Gerrard with Didier Drogba. It's about who loses not who wins.

Comment

Grotesque

Is this the most appropriate thread where I can say

"AAARRRGGGHHH FUCK!"

then fall sideways into the arm of my sofa and have to have a blanket put over me by concerned family members later on at night?

Comment

Grotesque

... one side will be out for nothing but retribution, and it will become possibly the dirtiest, niggliest, nastiest, aggro-ridden, dive-sodden game of football ever played.
            I'm with Mr. Harry on this one ... I certainly hope so.

But it is a bloody travesty of a competition, isn't it? Three English clubs? Jesus. IT'S NOT A CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FERFUXSAKE!

If I had enough money, I'd sue bloody UEFA in the European courts for false advertising. I'd win, too.

Comment

Grotesque

I'm a Chelsea fan so obv I want them to win but I wish it was against someone like Juve or Red Star Belgrade. It's not want I dreamt of as a kid. Ahh well, still fucking awesome!

Comment

Grotesque

Well, the correlation between Wales winning Grand Slams and Liverpool winning European Cups is gone.

How about Spurs winning the League Cup and Manchester Utd winning the European Cup?

Comment

Grotesque

The two worst case scenarios have happened: Manchester United beating Barcelona and Chelsea beating Liverpool.

No matter which way the final pans out, this will be painful. Man U lose, and Fergie storms off (in which case the awful, awful "Chelse" fans who share my home town get to crow loudly and do their usual xenophobic crap again) or Man U win, and the likes of Fartle and AIATL become yet less readable.

I think I might do something else that night in Moscow.

Comment

Grotesque

Just to clarify, Man Utd was a rich club long before the CL. And that wealth was based mainly on income derived from its popularity as a sporting side (and Munich). Right now, the club has no wealth, only debt.
                    And that wealth and power has been consolidated through United being among the most aggressive, bullying cheerleaders for the post-1992 footballing settlement, supporting the breakaway threats both domestically and later in Europe. A Gentlemen Big Club they ain't. I mean, I sincerely hope Man United win both the Champions and Premier League, but let's not paint this in broad-brush terms.

Comment

Grotesque

Actually, that has made life easier. I prefer Man Utd and they aren't Chelsea. Job done, I shall be watching it with my Man Utd mate (from Brighton, naturally)

Mind you, the start of the Bath Music Festival is on that night or I might be washing my hair

Comment

Grotesque

E10 Rifle wrote:
                        Just to clarify, Man Utd was a rich club long before the CL. And that wealth was based mainly on income derived from its popularity as a sporting side (and Munich). Right now, the club has no wealth, only debt.
                        And that wealth and power has been consolidated through United being among the most aggressive, bullying cheerleaders for the post-1992 footballing settlement, supporting the breakaway threats both domestically and later in Europe. A Gentlemen Big Club they ain't. I mean, I sincerely hope Man United win both the Champions and Premier League, but let's not paint this in broad-brush terms.
                        What he said.

Apart from the United winning bit.

United, Liverpool and Arsenal were all Big Clubs (whatever that means) before 1992. Since when the hugely conservative, anti-competitive (not to say corrupt) qualification system for the Champions League has contrived to keep them there irrespective of any dips in form. So not a lot to do with footballing accomplishment really, rather profiting from a system designed to make the top clubs safer investments.

Bothered, anyway.

Comment

Working...
                        X