Robots not disguised

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Robots not disguised

So Transformers 2. Took out brain, saw it last night, loved it. No real plot, but huge exposions, the destruction of cars, houses, universities, ancient monuments and abandoned villages by giant mechs trashing each other is OK by me. And Megan Fox as well. Mmmmmm. And that other bird.

/flees bashing for ganja style sexism/

Robots not disguised

Mark Kermode started his review of this by saying it's 50 seconds longer than 2001.

Comment

Robots not disguised

What does that mean?

Comment

Robots not disguised

It's a very long movie.

Comment

Robots not disguised

Tactical Genius wrote:
          What does that mean?
          That it's one year and 50 seconds long?

Comment

Robots not disguised

A quick transformers question. I vaguely remember watching it as a kid, and something has always puzzled me. I had a model of Jazz, who was a sportscar. I always wondered, how did a forty foot tall battle robot fold up into a car the size of a porsche?

Comment

Robots not disguised

Don't know if there's an over exciterds quote on the posters or owt, but they'd say something along the lines of:

"IF YOU LIKED THE FIRST ONE, YOU'LL LOVE THIS ONE".

Is good fun, lots of blowing shit up and Megan Fox running in slow motion. Could have done without the comedy sidekicks that Michael bay obviously felt added to it, but hey. It's two hours of mostly cool stuff going on.

Comment

Robots not disguised

This has had appalling reviews in the papers and mags, so i'm surprised it met with such a favourable reaction on here.

Personally I think it looks awful, but thats just me. I've got to wonder what watching it on the Imax will be like though.

Comment

Robots not disguised

I absolutely lapped the first movie up. See, that's me in the pink leotard, lapping up a bowl of Transformers Movie cream with absolutely no shame. So if this one is just the same but more, get that leotard ready.

Comment

Robots not disguised

The Mighty Kubelgog!!! wrote:
                    A quick transformers question. I vaguely remember watching it as a kid, and something has always puzzled me. I had a model of Jazz, who was a sportscar. I always wondered, how did a forty foot tall battle robot fold up into a car the size of a porsche?
                    Never mind that, Soundwave was even bigger than Jazz and he ended up the size of a Walkman. I think perhaps you are attempting to apply the powers of logic to a cartoon and toy line created by the Japanese. I suggest you relax and let yourself go on this one.

Mumpo, dust off your leotard, it is more of the same only with no need to set the scene so it's straight into the explosions.

Comment

Robots not disguised

They are able to compress their overall size as they transform which is why Megatron could transform from a big tin can behemoth into a handgun that could be held by a human...

According to the comic...

Comment

Robots not disguised

Conservation of mass not a bit of an issue?

(Sucking the life out of discussions. It's what I do.)

Comment

Robots not disguised

That's what I was thinking. I only saw a couple of the original cartoons, when I went down to visit my aunt in multi-channel land in Gorey. So I sat down there a couple of years ago to watch the movie. Fucking hell. It gave me a headache. I had to stop watching it after half an hour.

In order to figure out what was going on would be to get into the head of the people who wrote it. To do it you would have to start chopping up 2 foot long lines of powdered glucose, and roll up your $100 bill. Not Orson welles' finest hour.

Comment

Robots not disguised

Christ almighty, even by Michael Bay standards, it's a fucking awful movie. Wonderful long advert for the U.S Armed Forces and General Motors though.
                            During the climatic battle, when the slo-mo kicks in and zooms on Megan Fox's cleavage, I half expected the Baywatch theme to kick in.

Just what is going on with the robot accents? A British accent for some old codger 'bot, and those twins are soooo annoying. They're up there with Jar Jar Binks.

I felt like Tim Bisley in 'Spaced' after he'd seen 'The Phantom Menace'.

Comment

Robots not disguised

This review has made me want to see this, very slightly: Michael Bay finally made an art movie

Since the days of Un Chien Andalou and The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari, filmmakers have reached beyond meaning. But with this summer's biggest, loudest movie, Michael Bay takes us all the way inside Caligari's cabinet. And once you enter, you can never emerge again. I saw this movie two days ago, and I'm still living inside it. Things are exploding wherever I look, household appliances are trying to kill me, and bizarre racial stereotypes are shouting at me.

Transformers: ROTF has mostly gotten pretty hideous reviews, but that's because people don't understand that this isn't a movie, in the conventional sense. It's an assault on the senses, a barrage of crazy imagery. Imagine that you went back in time to the late 1960s and found Terry Gilliam, fresh from doing his weird low-fi collage/animations for Monty Python. You proceeded to inject Gilliam with so many steroids his penis shrank to the size of a hair follicle, and you smushed a dozen tabs of LSD under his tongue. And then you gave him the GDP of a few sub-Saharan countries. Gilliam might have made a movie not unlike this one.

Comment

Robots not disguised

I believe this is about right -

http://www.cracked.com/blog/transfor...jected-script/

I still loved the film, if only because it's brainless, mindless fun you stuff popcorn (or in my case, Wine Gums) in your mouth to. Very much as Eddie Izzard had it in his comparision of British and American films.

Comment

Robots not disguised

It may be old news, but had anyone else seen this "most entertainingly depressing photo ever" of Megan Fox? I know it shouldn't make me smile, but it couldn't have been more perfectly staged:

http://bit.ly/hV1T1

Comment

Working...
                                  X