Rudo y Cursi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rudo y Cursi

Mexican film from 2008 being released in the US this week. Starring Gael Garcia Bernal and Deigo Luna--the two guys from Y Tu Mama Tambien and directed and written by the screenwriter of Y Tu Mama. They're brothers that become professional footballers, a striker and a goalkeeper, on different teams. I'm trying not to find out too much about it so I can go into the movie without any expectations. I can't wait.

Rudo y Cursi

It's not that good as a sport film, it's really more of a buddy picture. I wasn't too impressed, especially considering the names involved.

Comment

Rudo y Cursi

Hmm, thanks rad.

Comment

Rudo y Cursi

It's not great, I'm not even sure if I'd go as far as to call it good. Every character is a caricature and there isn't a lot of humour. Maybe my expectations going in were too high but this was a Mexican Righteous Kill. Luna and Garcia Bernal are a bit young for that though.

Did it do well in Mexico? If it was just meant as domestic blockbuster comedy I can forgive it but if it truly was an attempt to recapture the magic of Y tu mama también it failed miserably.

Comment

Working...
        X