Pushing Daisies (with vague spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Started last Saturday, but I only just got around to watching it.

I liked it but I am not sure if its a load of twee bollocks, or something more. It certainly looks pretty good, and Anna Friel is good in it, as most things. But I am not totally convinced yet.

The premise is a man who can bring dead murder victims (and indeed any dead thing) alive with a touch, but he has to touch them again within 60 seconds to make them dead again, permanently, or someone else nearby will die. The 60 seconds enable him and his private eye partner to find out who murdered them and then go and collect the reward. In the meantime the toucher makes fantastic pies.

Anna Friel plays his childhood sweetheart who he brought back to life after she was strangled on a cruise ship whilst being a smuggler. However as much as they may be still madly in love, he cant touch her or she is permanently dead. I should also mention that he hadnt seen her for 20 years after he brought his mother back to life when he was a kid, and didnt touch her within 60 seconds, and Anna Friels dad died instead (she doesnt know it was our hero's fault), so, she buggered off to stay with two synchronised swimming aunts (one of whom lost an eye in competition) and who are now recluses.

I think that about sums it up so far.

Oh it's twee alright. But in a good way. In a Belle & Sebastian-are-twee good way A few people here hate it, but I really like it. And Anna Friel is wonderful in it. She's gorgeous, too.

I think Reed is one of the people who hate it. Funny enough, I sort of imagine Reed to be a lot like the piemaker.

Comment

Working...
    X