• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
    It's not going to be a zombie thing is it? I fucking hate zombie things
    100% this.

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post

That film is pretty much my most common anxiety dream made real.
      I do experience it differently now that I’m an adult that has to travel on my own sometimes.

It seemed unrealistic that a flight from New York to Chicago would divert to Wichita. (Wichita is a lot further) But apparently that’s based on a true story.

Comment

Coming very late to season 3 of My Brilliant Friend, and what an incredible wrenching thing it is. Amazing to think the two principals never acted before.

when we are in Naples next year, no fucking way are we doing one of those fucking Ferrante walking tours. Ghouls.

Comment

spoiler test: Show
          this is a test

Comment

Yup, your spoiler says "this is a test". Erm, should I point that out?

Comment

I finished The English. No idea what happened.

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
                Yup, your spoiler says "this is a test". Erm, should I point that out?
                It wasn't working for me last night.
                Spoiler: Show
                Possibly because I was on a tablet. Worked fine on the laptop.

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post
                  That film is pretty much my most common anxiety dream made real.
                  See also Clockwise​​​​​​.

Starting watching The Bear last night, the first episode came across had obvious similarities to Boiling Point​​​​​​, but it calmed down slightly after that, and (mild spoiler) synchronise watches everyone, in 3, 2, 1 he's at an Al-Anon meeting, which is a irritatingly overused feature of modern USian drama.

Comment

Originally posted by matt j View Post
                    Hmm, I hadn't realized that was even a thing. Love the books, and the lead actor was very good in The Resort.

Will definitely report back.
                    I'll look out for your thoughts.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Flanagans Dog View Post

See also Clockwise​​​​​​.

Starting watching The Bear last night, the first episode came across had obvious similarities to Boiling Point​​​​​​, but it calmed down slightly after that, and (mild spoiler) synchronise watches everyone, in 3, 2, 1 he's at an Al-Anon meeting, which is a irritatingly overused feature of modern USian drama.
                      While I agree that it's aggressively and comically overused in US drama, it didn't feel particularly out of place or inappropriate in The Bear. At least, not to me.

Comment

The Ice Cream War was harrowing viewing last night.

Comment

Originally posted by San Bernardhinault View Post

While I agree that it's aggressively and comically overused in US drama, it didn't feel particularly out of place or inappropriate in The Bear. At least, not to me.
                          My personal experience is also that a very striking number of professional actors have attended AA meetings for at least part of their adulthood.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post

My personal experience is also that a very striking number of professional actors have attended AA meetings for at least part of their adulthood.
                            That has occurred to me on more than one occasion. That a lot of the actors, and writers and directors and producers who create material for Hollywood/US Media are so deeply familiar with AA - if not attended by themselves, then then they've been told about it by many of their acquaintances - that it doesn't seem strange to them that about 30% of all plots have AA meetings somehow involved.

Comment

Just started watching Coyote on Paramount.

Comment

Looking for a formulaic British TV thriller? Look no further than The Suspect in which which Aidan Turner sports a magnificently humongous beard, and Adam James plays possibly his most Adam Jamesy part ever. Poor Adam James. I'd like to see him get a sympathetic role one day.

But actually this series is worth watching if only for a totally different role for the underrated Shaun Parkes, which he plays really well.

Comment

We're watching the US version of Ghosts. It's great!

Comment

We watched Slumberland on Netflix tonight. Probably meant to be a tween movie but I really enjoyed it. Marlow Barkley is a fantastic actor considering her youth.

Comment

It is being advertised very heavily here, including all over Times Square

Comment

Originally posted by Sean of the Shed View Post
                                        Just started watching Coyote on Paramount.
                                        Meep Meep!

Comment

I’ve just finished watching the BBC mini series on the SAS. Although it was based on Ben McIntyre’s excellent book on the SAS, which I read a few years ago, there is quite a bit of unnecessary (in my opinion) “poetic licence” used and some bits of fiction added which aren’t needed. The actual real story is definitely strong enough to stand on its own. Having said all that, it was still a very good watch.

Comment

Everything about Mrs. NS fave Escape to the Chateau: DIY confuses me.

Comment

Oh god that show. Thank god for all4 so I never have to lay eyes on that, 4 in a bed or come dine with me in constant repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by diggedy derek View Post
                                                We're watching the US version of Ghosts. It's great!
                                                Ooh, I'll have to look out for that. Where can one see it? I've only just started watching the UK version. My son had been watching Horrible Histories on the iPlayer all summer and I was really enjoying them too. Which led me to Ghosts. I've just finished watching the first series.

Comment

It's on BBC iPlayer I'm pretty sure. Some of the UK Ghosts people are involved with it, and I'd say it's a wonderful complement to the original.

Comment

NS, I think we have talked about ETTS on OTF before. I remained completely perplexed by what's going on and why we're supposed to care.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X