No announcement yet.

Current Watching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Man From Toronto, as reviewed by a man from Toronto. Summary: a steaming mound of shit. Action-comedy bereft of either. Pass.

Comment

Yeah. I gave up on that quickly.

New Westworld.
      I’ve seen every episode and still don’t understand WTF is happening.

Comment

Quite enjoying The Time Traveller's Wife.

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Pepsi View Post
          Yeah. I gave up on that quickly.

New Westworld.
          I’ve seen every episode and still don’t understand WTF is happening.
          Better you than me. We gave up long ago. "Oh...he was actually a robot. Ooo...she was actually a robot, too. Ah, he wasn't a human either....nor that guy."

Ugh.

Comment

We've started the 3rd series of The Umbrella Academy. Only 3 episodes in, and it hasn't gripped me tbh. Almost like it's trying too hard, I can't quite find the words for what I mean though.

It does remain the only thing my wife and I watch together though, so we'll keep plugging along with it.

Comment

We watched the trailer / teaser thing the other night and my wife said "I don't even care if we watch that". I'm sort of in the same boat.

Watch "Keep Sweet, Pray and Obey" if you haven't yet.

Comment

I somehow watched all of Gods Favourite Idiot on Netflix over the weekend despite it being rubbish. The set-up and cast are enough that it could have been funny, and I kept expecting it to find its feet which is why I stuck with it. But it was absolute utter tosh. The gags, such as they were, were incredibly feeble. It was the very epitome of a modern Netflix comedy where Netflix just want content and nobody really cares about whether it's any good so nobody puts any craft into anything. Do not recommend. Effectively TV-wallpaper.

Comment

Keep Sweet, Pray and Obey is compelling viewing, even though you can absolutely predict the chain of events.

I'll probably see out Umbrella Academy, though it does have that third album feel to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon G View Post
                    We've started the 3rd series of The Umbrella Academy. Only 3 episodes in, and it hasn't gripped me tbh. Almost like it's trying too hard, I can't quite find the words for what I mean though.

It does remain the only thing my wife and I watch together though, so we'll keep plugging along with it.
                    I watched season 1, skipped season 2, and thought maybe I could just get into season 3. Meh. It needs to cut about five or six characters. It just feels very congested.

Comment

Originally posted by San Bernardhinault View Post
                      I somehow watched all of Gods Favourite Idiot on Netflix over the weekend despite it being rubbish. The set-up and cast are enough that it could have been funny, and I kept expecting it to find its feet which is why I stuck with it. But it was absolute utter tosh. The gags, such as they were, were incredibly feeble. It was the very epitome of a modern Netflix comedy where Netflix just want content and nobody really cares about whether it's any good so nobody puts any craft into anything. Do not recommend. Effectively TV-wallpaper.
                      Melissa McCarthy is funny on her own, but everything she makes with her husband is shit.

Netflix dud-to-hit ratio is just getting higher every day.

Comment

Originally posted by WOM View Post

Better you than me. We gave up long ago. "Oh...he was actually a robot. Ooo...she was actually a robot, too. Ah, he wasn't a human either....nor that guy."

Ugh.
                        There's nothing else on Sunday nights.

Comment

Eh? I thought that you watched what you wanted when you wanted.

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
                            Eh? I thought that you watched what you wanted when you wanted.
                            True, but usually I want to watch it as soon as its available and then by Sunday, I've seen everything new that's good, but don't want to invest the intelligence to watch, for example, an old classic Italian movie that everyone says is a classic.

Westworld is like Charlie Brown and Lucy with the football. It always feels like it's about to be as good as it could be, and then it just creates more mystery-for-mystery-sake and confusion. But it looks cool and has good actors. It's just the storytelling is frustrating.

Barry is the ideal Sunday night show. It's not hard to follow, but it's original and fantastic. And then Bill Hader does a podcast right after it. Game of Thrones was a great Sunday night show too.

Comment

Through a friend's recommendation, Ms. Cal and I have enjoyed Kath & Kim on Netflix. We've finished season one and there looks to be five more seasons to go. Often have to look up unknown Aussie slang. Kel is our favorite character.

Stranger Things IV is way the hell over the top, but will finish it in July and hope that one is done.

1/2 way through Peaky Blinders last season - hope that one is also dead and buried.

The Martha Mitchell Effect, Meltdown, Mr. Cop: Good or Bad?, Gladbeck and Johnny Hallyday are recent docs that kept our attention.

Looking forward to Better Call Saul finale.

Comment

There will be more Stranger Things after July. In July there will be two very long episodes that will finish Season 4, but there will be a Season 5.

Comment

Oh well, perhaps the 'kids' will be graduating college in season 5.

Comment

Yeah, the older they get, the cuter they ain't.

Peaky Blinders was a dud this season.

Martha Mitchell does look interesting.

Comment

I wonder if they will move forward a few years to accomodate that.

Comment

Cal Alamein early K&K is a gem. Don't feel bad if you drift away by about series 4 though.

Kel is indeed a good character. I like the actor - Glenn summat - and he's also fun in his own series Russell Coight's All Aussie Adventures.

Comment

Glenn Robbins - it's time to hit the road.

Sherwood is as someone mentioned above, really good. No spoilers please.

Comment

Great work HP and it is far from being mundane - but I'm guessing you meant this for the Mundane Thread?

Comment

Yes

I’m watching the original Star Trek series. I’d only seen
                                              a few.
                                              Last edited by Hot Pepsi; 28-06-2022, 03:16.

Comment

Yes
                                                Doesn't matter though. Well done.

Comment

I watched season 1, skipped season 2, and thought maybe I could just get into season 3. Meh. It needs to cut about five or six characters. It just feels very congested.
                                                  I think this is the point. There's just so much going on all the time with contradictions all over the shop.

Comment

I'm enjoying Ms Marvel and the latest series of The Orville. It's almost a novelty having to wait a week between episodes.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X