No announcement yet.

Current Watching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All done with Call My Agent on Netflix. Lovely show full of interesting characters. Good reco....whoever it was. Hoping there are more series of this to come.

Comment

Originally posted by Balderdasha View Post
      Just watched the fourth episode of Good Omens. A very faithful rendition so far of one of my favourite Terry Pratchett books. I always wondered when I was younger why they couldn't successfully translate Pratchett books to the screen. I think they just didn't have the budget or the technology.
      It's unfortunate that they came along 30 years too late for the 10 year old me, but the couple of adaptations that they did on Sky were surprisingly not shit. Not shit at all.

Comment

If you were considering watching Another Life on Netflix, think again. It's really fucking dumb.

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post

It's unfortunate that they came along 30 years too late for the 10 year old me, but the couple of adaptations that they did on Sky were surprisingly not shit. Not shit at all.
          My dad loves them. They just confirmed d to me that I really really don't like David Jason.

Comment

I'm watching The Great Hack on Netflix. I haven't learned anything I hadn't already heard in the news, but it's really kind of infuriating hearing it all laid out like this.

Comment

Discovered Derry Girls on Netflix and it is a complete joy.

Comment

The Boys on Amazon. It’s a Garth Ennisnthing about an America where superheroes work for an amoral corporation and do as much damage as good. A bit like Watchman, I suppose. More violent, but not quite so grimdark.

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Gymshorts View Post
                  Discovered Derry Girls on Netflix and it is a complete joy.
                  I really enjoyed this one. It took me a little bit to get over that the main character looks like she's 40 and is playing a teenager but I was also glad I discovered this one.

Comment

We she is in her 20s, and one of them is 33.

Happily Series 2 is on its way apparently.

Comment

Still trying to decide if The Rook is really good or Spooks meets Hustle with some superpowers added.

I think part of the problem might be the presence of Adrian Lester. He’s a decent actor but carries the whiff of cheese from Hustle and of poo from the absolutely rank Riviera, which means I can’t believe him in character.

Comment

Last season of Killjoys has started.
                        I bloody love this show. The creator Michelle Lovretta has a real talent for fun, entertaining, inclusive, female led Sci fi silliness. This and Lost Girl have been real tv highlights for me over the last few years.

Comment

The Expanse has just got the green light for season 5.

Comment

Nice! Shame we have to wait until December for season 4.
                            Still, was always going to happen. They wouldn't have chucked all they did at ssdc at the show if it was for a single season.

Comment

I'm hoping that the time gap between 4 and 5 will be shorter than 3 and 4.

Comment

So do you think they'll make Cibola Burn last the whole of season 4, or kick off Nemesis games towards the end?
                                That would make season 5 the nemesis games/babylon's ashes season.
                                I'm not sure where they could go after that without...

*************book spoiler*************************

[spoiler]...eliding the 20 year time gap. No way they'll do 2 -3 more seasons after with everyone in aging makeup.[/spoiler]
                                Last edited by hobbes; 28-07-2019, 23:44.

Comment

using the buttons works: Show
                                  I think that works.
                                  Last edited by Femme Folle; 29-07-2019, 01:27.

Comment

I think you need to use the button instead of typing the codes.

Comment

Thanks. It's still tricky because you have to remember where to put the part you want to hide.

Comment

Watching the new episodes of Veronica Mars on Hulu

Comment

I’m watching Always Be My Maybe. Most of it has been a sort of acceptable standard rom-com. Now, though, there’s just been a fantastic restaurant scene. I don’t want to spoil it. But it’s made the film worth watching.
                                          Last edited by San Bernardhinault; 29-07-2019, 04:22.

Comment

Just started The Boys (Amazon Prime). Seems promising, but it's a work night, so one episode will have to do for now.

Comment

I watched all of it and now kind of regret it, TBH.

Comment

Anyone else seen 'Booksmart'? I would normally start a stand alone thread for a movie but given this has been out in the UK for two months and is already almost disappeared from cinemas I doubt it would sustain one.

I finally saw it tonight and it was fantastic. Fantastically smart, funny script, great performances from a lesser known cast (a few cameos aside), quite touching in places and a killer soundtrack. I don't think I've seen any of the recent 'coming of age' movies it's been compared to like 'Superbad' because none of them came across with the wit and charm this one had even just from the trailer.

Anyway, thoroughly recommended when it ends up on streaming platforms and the like.

Comment

Huey from The Boys reminds me of WOM.

Comment

Having just caught up with the fact The Expanse was deleted from Netflix, I checked I had access on amazon prime by dipping back into the middle of S2...and have watched most of it again.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X