No announcement yet.

Current Watching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I watched the first episode of Catch 22 last night. I thought it captured the essence of the book pretty well.

Comment

Is that on Netflix?

Comment

Originally posted by Sits View Post
        Is that on Netflix?
        Channel 4, so it'll be on their player.

Comment

Ah, might have to scrabble around a bit for it in Oz then.

Comment

Taskmaster. Not intellectual viewing but great fun (except for the last series - that was shite). Pleased to see the latest series has gone back to the usual high standard.

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post

The live action Tick with the big guy from shitey US sitcoms (How I met Your Mother?, think he was the voice of wheelchair neighbor in Family Guy) was enjoyable almost twenty years back, at least at 2am and baked.
              The animated one was the best, I think.

Comment

It was on Hulu in the US, if that helps.

Comment

I just watched 2016 Shane Black film The Nice Guys. The most startling moment was when Russell Crowe put on a pair of reading glasses which made him look just like Mark Francois. He is Brandoesque in his lack of condition. Otherwise, it wasn't quite as hip and funny as everyone involved seemed to think.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Yellow View Post

It was on Hulu in the US, if that helps.
                    Ta

Comment

Finished "Mindhunter" S1 - brilliant. Finish "Years&Years" - very good. Been spoiled with good television in the last few weeks....

Comment

Finally watching Lilyhammer from a few years back. Mafia boss squeals and goes into hiding as a bar owner in Norway. Not bad.

Comment

My dad had an episode of Wallander on there, and I was watching it for a while, and then it suddenly dawned on me "That's Kenneth Fucking Branagh". It turns out that the cunt can actually act. I don't know why I was so shocked, because the other times I saw him, he seemed to often be playing a version of Kenneth branagh.

Comment

Finished 63Up. Never disappoints, and never fails to hook me emotionally.

Comment

Finished S2 of Good Girls. I was wrong: it's solid. They had ideas and they're moving it in new directions. Also, I end up Shazaming at least 3 or 4 songs each episode, they're so good and so semi-obscure. Whoever's choosing the music has me in their vest pocket.

Comment

I've been enjoying Good Girls, too. It still feels like a Network-Safe, blander version of Breaking Bad, but it has enough humour and charm to keep me going. And, unlike non-network prestige shows, the protagonists aren't rotten anti-heroes. They're actually kind of likeable.

Comment

Watching the Bruce Springsteen Broadway thing on Netflix. I’m not a massive Bruce Springsteen fan and I haven’t seen him live, but this is very good. Glad I can see it on Netflix because I imagine that tickets to his shows on Broadway are all in the four digits.

Comment

We went. Cost me an arm and a leg. It was worth it. He played 236 sold out nights, which ended last December.

Comment

Oh, I didn’t know it was over.

Comment

I am watching I Am Mother, based on GY's recommendation.

Comment

Blasted through s2 of The Dark. I found that if you don't try to focus on who is who in each particular time it will reveal itself eventually if you haven't worked it out. As much as I enjoyed the whole thing the final scene with obvious S3 set up was a proper FFS moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean of the Shed View Post
                                            Blasted through s2 of The Dark. I found that if you don't try to focus on who is who in each particular time it will reveal itself eventually if you haven't worked it out. As much as I enjoyed the whole thing the final scene with obvious S3 set up was a proper FFS moment.
                                            Same here. I re-blitzed through S1 just to remind myself, but there was a lot I'd forgotten. There's still a (slightly) hanging thread from S1 that might be a big thing (I've got my suspicions), and the weird 'reveal' (not the final scene) in the last episode of S2 is a bit of a mind-blown moment.

Comment

Anyone seen The Rook? We need a new Netflix drama and I’m liking the look of the trailers I’m seeing for this.
                                              Watched episode one last night. It was okay.

Comment

It's on Stan.

Comment

Great, thanks.

Comment

This might be useful in future.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X