Current Watching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Amor de Cosmos View Post
    The first season season was OK. Gave up on the second early on. TV shows based on the torture of children make me seriously question my boundaries on entertainment.
    Ah. Okay. That's why I packed in Criminal Minds years ago. It's just too upsetting. Pointlessly so.

Comment

I watched Eighth Grade on Netflix last week. If you have a daughter around that age, it'll break you up. But worth watching. Lovely little small film.

Also tried to watch Get Me Roger Stone, but found almost everyone so loathsome and unredeeming that I couldn't finish it. And I watch lots of stuff about Nazis, ffs.

Comment

Quite enjoyed The Game, four or five years old but new to us. Solid old school Cold War drama, good cast and visuals.

Comment

Eighth Grade will give me flashbacks, so I haven’t watched it.

I am watching Dancing on the Edge, an English series from a few years back about a black jazz band in London in the 30s that gets caught up in intrigue and drama.

Comment

Season 2 of Happy! starts tonight. I'm recording it, but I don't know if I'm in the mood to watch it tonight.

Comment

There's a season 2? It doesn't seem like a story that could have a season 2, but maybe they didn't finish the book in season 1.

Comment

"DRUG SCONES!". This series of Derry Girls just keeps on giving. Marvellous stuff.

Comment

I am avoiding them and recording them all to watch them in a row. years of watching boxsets has rendered me incapable of waiting to follow a tv series.

Comment

Scone as in gone or cone up in Derry? I can't get used to salt of the earth types in Dublin using the cone type pronunciation and thinking the (correct) gone way signifies high falutin snobbery.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Yellow View Post
                      There's a season 2? It doesn't seem like a story that could have a season 2, but maybe they didn't finish the book in season 1.
                      Apparently Grant Morrison had to write a new story arc for season 2. I hope it lives up to season 1.

Comment

God but I'm bored with The Sopranos.

Comment

What season are you in? I remember it hit a lull, but can't recall when.

Comment

Is it towards the end of 5? Just watched a whole episode that was pretty much all a dream. Bollocks.

Comment

Yeah 5 11 I just watched. YAWN.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Yellow View Post
                                Have you watched 'Deadly Class'? I enjoyed it. The finale was this week and it ended on a definite cliff-hanger, so I hope that means it will be back with a second season. I loved the song choices they made in this series.

I'm so into these comic-book and graphic novel based shows that I find the "reality-based" shows kind of boring. I watched the first episode of Happy! last night. The continuity from the first season was good--much better, in fact, than in some of the Marvel Netflix adaptations. That's my non-expert TV reviewer opinion, anyway.

Comment

Did anyone watch "The Believers Are But Brothers" last Sunday on BBC4, by the way?

Comment

Originally posted by TonTon View Post
                                    Yeah 5 11 I just watched. YAWN.
                                    Yeah, it could have been 5. We couldn't get to each episode of the early years fast enough. And then, yeah, maybe the end of 4 and 5 got dull. There's only 6 seasons, so you should probably see it through.

Comment

Anyway, The Highwaymen on Netflix. Harrelson and Costner doing a TV Movie of The Week rendition of the Bonnie and Clyde story, told from the cops' side. Not great, but good fun. Enjoyable for the period stuff and the story overall, with a few clanger performances.

Comment

Watched Ep1 of S3 of Santa Clarita Diet. So far, no sign of any drop off. Some brilliant one-liners.

Comment

Originally posted by WOM View Post
                                          Anyway, The Highwaymen on Netflix. Harrelson and Costner doing a TV Movie of The Week rendition of the Bonnie and Clyde story, told from the cops' side. Not great, but good fun. Enjoyable for the period stuff and the story overall, with a few clanger performances.
                                          Yeah, it’s ok. A much fairer portrayal of the real cops involved than previous films that lionized Bonnie & Clyde who were, after all, cold-blooded murderers.

But it does, to some extent, allude to the dark history of the real Texas Rangers. Now they are, essentially, part of the state police. But in the 19th century, they committed all kinds of atrocities.

Comment

Originally posted by San Bernardhinault View Post
                                            Watched Ep1 of S3 of Santa Clarita Diet. So far, no sign of any drop off. Some brilliant one-liners.
                                            I didn’t like it as much as the previous seasons. I guess it’s just not as novel now.

Comment

Just started Project Blue Book; one episode and reserving judgement.

Comment

I’m watching The Prisoner. I’ve heard about it and it was referenced on The Simpson’s, but I’ve never seen it. Now it’s on Amazon. It’s hard to get used to the square screen again, but it otherwise looks great.

It’s really remarkable.

Comment

The place in which it was filmed (Portmerion in Wales) is real, which was even more remarkable for me.

Comment

I watched the Amazon series "Hannah" this weekend. I enjoyed it, but I wouldn't say that it's 'must see TV'. I did not see the film of the same name, so I can't compare them.

I'm also very happy that Billions is back.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X