No announcement yet.

Current Watching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone watching Race Around the World on BBC2? I love anything about travelling long distances by land or sea. Couldn't believe the couple that decided to get a cab from London to Dover. The bits where they get day jobs is a little stupid and you would think most people would know coach travel between major cities is always going to provide the quickest and most economical route, if you can bare it.

Comment

Just caught up on Derry Girls. Possibly my new favourite show.

Comment

Tonight's late night viewing is Russell Crowe in Darren Aronofsky's Noah. The first twenty minutes or so has been unrelentingly weird but Anthony Hopkins is now calming things down with a typical where's-my-cheque performance.

Comment

My Sunday night viewing was Billions (new season) and two episodes of Russian Doll while waiting for Last Week Tonight, which is coming on right now.

Comment

We've watched 5 episodes of Umbrella Academy and I'm tempted to just go and read the plot synopsis online somewhere because I don't really care about any of the characters.

Comment

Also, I need to catch up on Home as I've only watched episode 1, but I quite enjoyed it.

Comment

The wife and I started Ozark last week - only seen two episodes so far. Seems ok.

Comment

Started "Trapped" series 2, I just enjoy the Iceland location really...."Billions" is back this evening, yay!

Comment

Big 'yup' on Billions, too. Taylor....as a woman?

Comment

I've watched two episodes of Ricky Gervais's After Life and it's made my heart ache. Brilliant but/and heavy.

Comment

Another one here for Billions. Great cast, plot not terribly important.

Comment

I thought the wig was too wiggy. Unless they wanted it to look obvious.

Comment

Originally posted by MsD View Post
                            I've watched two episodes of Ricky Gervais's After Life and it's made my heart ache. Brilliant but/and heavy.
                            I was led to believe it wasn't that good, but it avoids both sentimentality and cynicism very deftly. The supporting characters are really good and very necessary, because the show's not all about RG — which previous stuff he's done has been — but it is all about his character seen by others.

Comment

I'm enjoying Russian Doll. The main character started off sort of annoying but the plot and her acting quickly made her likeable and funny and, well, brilliant.

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                                I'm enjoying Russian Doll. The main character started off sort of annoying but the plot and her acting quickly made her likeable and funny and, well, brilliant.
                                Exactly, me and Herself were squirming the first few episodes, utterly hooked by the end of the third.

Comment

We enjoyed it too. Though it's hard to see where it'll go. There are (at least) two more seasons apparently.

BTW The Santa Clarita Diet returns this week.

Comment

Oooh! Yay!

Comment

Originally posted by Amor de Cosmos View Post
                                      BTW The Santa Clarita Diet returns this week.
                                      Oh, nice,I'd forgotten about that.

Comment

I finished Russian Doll a few days ago. Loved it.

Watched the first episode of After Life. Will be watching more of that later, but today I am watching Leaving Neverland. It's not exactly easy Saturday afternoon viewing.

Comment

Anyone else watch Marcella? Fairly standard UK police procedural, but decent so far. I think we're in 5 of 8. Two Seasons are on Netflix.

Comment

The first season season was OK. Gave up on the second early on. TV shows based on the torture of children make me seriously question my boundaries on entertainment.

Comment

I'm currently enjoying reruns of Callan. Edward Woodward is brilliant as the seemingly cool but very tightly wound agent/assassin.

Series two of Icelandic thriller Trapped was good; wisely it kept the small town setting but didn't try to engineer another unusual weather event to cut it off. The plot involved long buried family secrets and industrial corruption. A third series might be pushing it though. Shetland, another series that has previously made a virtue of its isolated setting, was creaking a bit on its fifth and final outing.

Comment

I watched "The Space Between Us" on a whim on Friday. It was likeable young adult fodder that I'd have bet my left nut was a novel adaptation, but wasn't. Decent performances from
                                                Asa Butterfield and Britt Robertson, and the usual decent standard phone-it-in from Carla Gugino and Gary Oldman.
                                                It all looks nice and is harmless enough.

Comment

I checked my Netflix account and I apparently stopped watching The OA after only two episodes. I've heard a lot of praise for season two, so maybe I'll have to continue season one--however, if I only watched two episodes, it obviously wasn't holding my attention the first time around. So IDK.

Comment

binned it after 2 eps as well. It mistook boring for spooky.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X