No announcement yet.

Current Watching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorta wish I'd left Le Bureau at Series 2, as much of S3 ep1 featured a dog, which made me anxious. Looked it up on Does the Dog Die?, and sure enough. So had to skip sections.

Bah.

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Pepsi View Post
      Getting really into Rake, the Australian show about a brilliant but self-destructive Sydney barrister and the same six or seven people all sleeping with each other.
      I've watched all these. The first couple of seasons were really good, but it went downhill quite a bit after that, though the last one (s6?) was a slight return to form.

Comment

There are only five seasons and I’m on #4, which I guess is the weak one.

It makes Sydney out to be both very appealing and yet very corrupt.

Comment

I watched a documentary on Showtime called 'Bi-Polar Rock N Roller". It's about Mauro Ranallo and his struggle with his mental illness. It was good. I think maybe only WOM and Jason Voorhees probably know who he is.

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
            Gonna watch a dodgy stream of Threads at some point this weekend. Herself likes "gritty" post apocalypse dramas, gritty she's gonna get. If it terrifies me half as much as 30 years back I'll be the one all curled up foetal on the couch but while she's dipping into the leftover Celebrations.
            I watched it again a few months back for the first time in many years. It was still as grim as I remembered, and it has stood the test of time. It doesn't suffer from being set in the eighties.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Yellow View Post
              I got fed up waiting for season 3 of The Expanse to air in the UK (still no confirmed date WTF) and imported the US Blu-Ray. It finally arrived today!
              Starts pretty slow, but by golly it picks up mid way. Must watch it again.
              Any news on season 4 release?

Comment

Started a couple of things on Netflix.

The very buzzed about You, which is quite entertainingly dark, but it does seem to fall into the modern trap of having nobody you really like all that much. I'll watch it all, the stylings are charming enough that it may be enjoyable enough without having any charming characters.

And Amor's much liked Kominsky Method. Just two episodes in, but I'm enjoying it a huge amount.

Comment

Star Trek Discovery started again on Friday. First ep was pretty decent, as it goes.
                  And Thursday I was channel flicking and caught the first ep of the new Magnum reboot. That's really not pretty decent.

Comment

Originally posted by hobbes View Post

Starts pretty slow, but by golly it picks up mid way. Must watch it again.
                    Any news on season 4 release?
                    No release date yet. Have I mentioned that Laura Lancaster is a friend of mine?

https://www.denofgeek.com/us/tv/the-...and-other-news

Comment

Originally posted by Femme Folle View Post
                      I watched a documentary on Showtime called 'Bi-Polar Rock N Roller". It's about Mauro Ranallo and his struggle with his mental illness. It was good. I think maybe only WOM and Jason Voorhees probably know who he is.
                      Nope.

Comment

He's Canadian, and spent part of his career in Toronto. I guess you're probably not a professional wrestling or MMA fan.

Comment

Back with the Americans - halfway through s5... consistently good storytelling and acting.

Comment

Originally posted by San Bernardhinault View Post
                            I'm two episodes from the end of Homecoming (on Amazon) which I'm really enjoying. It's made by Sam Esmail who did Mr Robot - and you can see a lot of stylistic similarities - but it seems more contained, and I'm hoping for some resolution at the end. Julia Roberts in it is fascinting - I've never seen her play a super-plain, slightly haggard Julia Roberts, and it's appealing, a really big change. It's only 10 half hour episodes, so it's an easy binge. For at least the first 6 or so episodes I wasn't really sure what I was watching but that was part of the fun, and with short episodes you don't feel like you're wasting too much if nothing comes of it.
                            Thanks for flagging this up, I've just finished watching it and I thought it was fantastic from start to finish.

Comment

Watched the first two episodes of the new Punished series on Netflix. Liking it so far, but seeing the actress from Man in the High Castle in it is weird.

Comment

I'm on Series 4 of Le Bureau; it's sort of a French cross between Spooks and The Bourne series now. It sort of made sense to leave it at Series 2, as I said upthread, but obviously it's a winning formula so they've continued with it. Some plausibility has been sacrificed, but it's still very watchable and intelligent. They've filmed in lots of locations that are fascinating and seldom shown on TV, such as Baku.

Mossad are one of the players, which is interesting. So it's French intelligence, the CIA, IS, Al Queda (?) and Mossad. French, US, Iranian governments. No MI6 involvement so far, which is odd, as everyone knows the British are the most important and the best.

Comment

I don't know if this was posted earlier in the thread since I forgot to look when the show was made, but I'm really enjoying Sex Education on Netflix. The gist of the show is that Gillian Anderson plays a divorced mom raising a teenage boy in England (somewhere rich and rural). She is a sex therapist. The boy follows suit and teams up with an alternative type girl to charge kids in their snooty private high school for sex advice. The show has a bit of a Sixteen Candles feel to it: the writing is good, it's funny, the characters are engaging. In the end, I don't know if it will be an extremely memorable watch (I think I'm nearly finished), but it's an entertaining watch.

Comment

'Trigger Warning' with Killer Mike. Popped in to watch an episode, binged the whole series.

Comment

Thanks for the tip on Le Bureau MsD

Comment

I watched a French series called The Forest, set in a small town by the Ardennes where dark shenanigans take place in and out the local forest (plenty of those in the Ardennes). Nothing paticularly great, just fancied something in French but it kept me entertained. I'm currently watching another series set in a small town by the Ardennes Forest, but this time on the Belgian side, The Break.

Much better stuff as it happens!

Comment

Just finished 1983 on Netflix - it's a Polish alt-history series, where a terrorist attack in the titular year saw opposition to Communism collapse, and as a result, the Eastern bloc remains in existence in 2003. A young law student and a grizzled detective receive new information about the attacks, and begin an investigation that could go to the heights of power, just as a resistance movement prepares its activities. All in all, rather more realistic in terms of atmosphere than Deutschland 83, and there's certainly ample reason to expect a second season towards the end of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean of the Shed View Post
                                            I watched Deutschland 83 a couple of years ago. I hadn't even realised there was a second series .
                                            Coming to terrestrial television in Ireland on Wednesday, and Channel 4 later in the month.

Comment

1983 sounds like it should be the prequel to 1984.

Comment

Well that was inevitable.

On February 8th, all three seasons of The Expanse will be made available to Prime members in over 200 countries.

Comment

I feel The Good Place is struggling. Third season syndrome.

Comment

Could be. It's in the balance I feel. The ideas certainly aren't as plentiful or original, but fortunately that the characters are strong enough to buy it time. I thought e9 and to lesser extent e10 turned something of a corner but we'll see.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X