Current Watching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WOM View Post
    Nine....teen....hours? Who would do such a thing to you?
    You have to really want it.

Comment

As mentioned concurrently, The Greatest Story Ever Told is on, and hilariously magnificent.

John Wayne was a huge 'highlight'.

It's also a cracking film about "chinese whispers".

Comment

I’m watching the (most) recent TV version of Vanity Fair, with Olivia Cooke. Pretty good. Michael Palin has a brief bit introducing every episode as Thackeray himself.

Comment

Watched the first half of the Beeb's version of Watership Down last night. The original cartoon makes me want to cry and so did this version, but only because I was straining to make out the picture because of the shitty CGI animation.

Comment

We now have Amazon and are binging on Bosch

Comment

Did I mention yet we're watching The Good Place on Netflix? Ted Danson plays an angel and Kristen Bell plays a self-absorbed shit-head who get sent to heaven by mistake, but wants to stay so decides to become a better person. It's very good. Short little 22-minute network episodes.

Comment

WOM, we've been talking about that for months. You need to watch the entire first series before we can talk about it.

Comment

We're comfortably into series 2.

Comment

I found it hit a brick wall around ep3 or 4 of season 3. I just totally lost interest.

Comment

The first few episodes of the Kominsky method were enjoyable. I love Alan Arkin.

Comment

At some point in the last few years, Michael Douglas seems to have turned into his dad.

Comment

And his dad has turned into something out of Madame Tussaud's, the rapey old centenarian.

Comment

Originally posted by WOM View Post
                            We're comfortably into series 2.
                            Phew!

Ted Danson's great in this isn't he?

Comment

Originally posted by hobbes View Post
                              I found it hit a brick wall around ep3 or 4 of season 3. I just totally lost interest.
                              It turns around in episode 9 (a bit late I grant.) It's the only one that matches the first two seasons. In fact you can probably start season three there, and not miss a thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
                                The first few episodes of the Kominsky method were enjoyable. I love Alan Arkin.
                                Yup it's a winner — though I figured you'd have to be of pensionable age to really appreciate it.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                                  Phew!

Ted Danson's great in this isn't he?
                                  He doesn't do much wrong. I even liked him in CSI. The whole cast is excellent, with extra props to 'Janet'.

Comment

Originally posted by Amor de Cosmos View Post
                                    Yup it's a winner — though I figured you'd have to be of pensionable age to really appreciate it.
                                    I was born cranky and jaded Amor.

Comment

Today I finished The Innocent Man series on Netflix. Very recommended. Those that are caught up w/ Making a Murderer can experience a couple of similarly questionable convictions.

I lived in Oklahoma during these crimes and trials and Dreams of Ada was the first book I read to clearly show the absolute power of interrogating police detectives. Later my dad turned me on to John Grisham's The Innocent Man which likewise, shows the Ada police department acting criminally (I will say no more on the subject).

And on to a completely different genre and time period, just watched The Bishop's Wife w/ my mom -- an excellent film and message.

Comment

I'm watching a documentary on HBO about the 2008 financial crisis that offers a new perspective on what happened. Here's more information about it, if anyone is interested: https://tinyurl.com/ViceSpecialReport

Comment

Just started The Good Place. I liked it, the wife less so.

Comment

Well, she lost your ring and all...

Comment

I watched the Ron Howard Beatles documentary which was on late last night. Very enjoyable, perhaps the best thing I've seen about how the crazy acceleration of their fame affected them and how they had to try to put the brakes on it, all in the space of two or three years.

Comment

Watched that Beatles doc as well, I know I sound like my parents but there was bugger all interesting on Christmas day TV, spent most of the day going through stuff I'd built up in the planner, I'm finally catching up on Doctor Who.

Comment

Allied (2016). Dull, boring, full of bad CGI.

Ellen DeGeneres' latest standup special "Relatable" - Some nice lines but nothing more.

Comment

I’m on my second attempt through the new Black Mirror choose-your-own-adventure. I messed up the first time and hit a dead end.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X