No announcement yet.

Current Watching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Incidentally, I’m given to understand that the Sofabaton X1 is the closest there is to a proper all-in-one remote these days.
    It’s more complicated to set up, but does most of what a Harmony does.

Comment

Apple TV needs a remote? Which is not the same one as a regular one?

Let me guess - it's beautifully designed, costs a fortune, and is not compatible with anything else?

Comment

It comes with the Apple TV box, so has no specific price. But it absolutely is not compatible with anything else. According to my techno-genius step-SiL other more substantial remotes can be used, but knowing how is well below my pay-grade.

Comment

You can control it with an iPhone app too, as I recall, but that doesn't really help.

Comment

Just watched Road to Perdition for the first time and enjoyed it, though I'm not really a big fan of mob films, unlike The Awesome Berbaslug!!! who I'm sure has seen the film and holds strong views on its content.

Comment

Watched lots of films on my flights.

The best was (the original Icelandic, not Aussie remake) of Rams. Moody, funny and sweet.

Next Don’t Worry Darling which wasn’t as good as it thought it was, but was still very watchable and interesting and lovely scenery. Harry Styles is never going to be a star actor though.

The French Dispatch was not nearly as bad as reported. It was totally fine, provided you’re one of the Wes Anderson people. It was very Wes Anderson, though. If you are irritated by his tics and stylistic stuff you’d absolutely despise it. The episodic nature didn’t bother me, but some episodes were notably weaker.

And I finally watched The Town as I was coming back to Boston. It was incredibly predictable. Watchable but an absolute tide of gangster and Boston cliche, a whole load of macho guy bollocks and a very pathetic single female character who falls for Ben Affleck in about 30 seconds for no apparent reason. Not great.

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                Apple TV needs a remote? Which is not the same one as a regular one?

Let me guess - it's beautifully designed, costs a fortune, and is not compatible with anything else?
                Everything comes with a remote. Most modern TV remotes work OK with Apple TV. You can also use your phone. But it is the best remote in my house by a mile.

Comment

The Town is fucking great.
                  Renner dials it up to 11.
                  The Rewatchables on that is excellent.

Comment

Originally posted by caja-dglh View Post

Everything comes with a remote. Most modern TV remotes work OK with Apple TV. You can also use your phone. But it is the best remote in my house by a mile.
                    So Apple TV is hardware? I assumed it was like Netflix

Comment

Apple TV is a box that serves a similar function to a Roku or Firestick.

Apple TV+ is the subscription service.

That plus symbol is doing a lot of heavy lifting.

Comment

I thoroughly despise Apple's thing-naming division.

Comment

I preferred Apple during that period after Jobs left the first time and before he came back as this turtle-necked cult leader.

Strange, risk-taking Apple when most of the stuff they tried didn't stick but at least it was interesting.

Comment

LOL to yous apple h8rs.

Comment

Anyway, thanks to [apparently] everyone for the Colin from Accounts tip.

Comment

Yes, I am also really enjoying Colin from accounts.

Comment

Originally posted by DPDPDPDP View Post

The West Wing is still my all time favourite series. A great programme in itself, but made even more special, given that, like Jed, I too have MS
                                  Mint, innit? Can watch it whatever my mood and enjoy it.
                                  Hope you're doing ok, pal.

I've put my watch of The Bear on hold as I was recommended Barry. Halfway through season one and really enjoying it.

Comment

Originally posted by WOM View Post
                                    LOL to yous apple h8rs.
                                    Fkin Creatives and their fkin ridiculous interface 28 inch screen ego paperweights.

Comment

The magic just won't happen on a 12" Dell, baby...

Comment

I started White House Plumbers but I don't know if I'll finish it. It's about G Gordon Liddy and Howard Hunt, two of Nixon's rat-fuckers who eventually took the fall for Watergate.
                                        The performances - Justin Theroux and Woody Harrelson - are pretty good, but it just isn't all that compelling. It makes them out to be clowns which, for the most part, they were, but I don't know if that's the right tone. These guys are/were dangerous.

The common story about Watergate is that it contributed to Americans' disillusionment with hallowed institutions. But really, it was an example of the system working the way it's supposed to. People went to real jail for it. Nixon resigned. If he'd chanced an impeachment process, his own party would not have saved him. That's how it should go.

And that was all kicked off by a crime that was fairly inconsequential. Especially compared to what we've seen in the last few years.

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Pepsi View Post
                                          The performances - Justin Theroux and Woody Harrelson - are pretty good, but it just isn't all that compelling. It makes them out to be clowns which, for the most part, they were, but I don't know if that's the right tone. These guys are/were dangerous.
                                          It's played as black comedy, which seems appropriate. It's enjoyable enough if you don't take it literally. The Hunt and Liddy families are absurdly funny especially Howard's teenage daughter.

Comment

Originally posted by Amor de Cosmos View Post

It's played as black comedy, which seems appropriate. It's enjoyable enough if you don't take it literally. The Hunt and Liddy families are absurdly funny especially Howard's teenage daughter.
                                            I was extremely disappointed to learn that she ended up becoming a fundamentalist born-again type.

Comment

In real life, or in the series?

Comment

In real life, according to Wiki. I'm only on episode 2, so that hasn't come up in the series.

Comment

Colin From Accounts is indeed wonderful.

Comment

Kleo, anyone?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X