No announcement yet.

Current Watching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmm. Well Cohen's son produced his dad's final album, though whether he was born on Hydra I'd have to check.

Comment

No, he won't have been.

Comment

Anyway, I take it you haven't seen it. Before you dump Netflix you should

Comment

I will surely do that.

Comment

Started Clickbait which had a decent Ep. 1.

Comment

That was the highpoint.

Comment

It was fine, but drawn out too long as most things are. See 'American Rust' and any of the American Horror Story series.

Comment

The problem wasn't that it was too long, just that the "tell the next part of the story through the actions of another character" device meant that what could have been the really interesting parts of the story got sidelined (eg the emotional rollercoaster of Sophie)

Comment

Also the writers insistence on introducing new twists meant that the story became more and more implausible with the final outcome being utterly preposterous. It was entertaining enough but it was daft entertainment rather than compelling.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ethan View Post
                      That was the highpoint.
                      I know we watched it, and not that long ago, but apparently it's utterly erased from my memory.

Comment

Yeah, someone here mentioned Clickbait about two weeks after we watched it, and I had to ask L what it had been about. It just...went out of my head.

Comment

It's like these Welsh / English / Scottish / Nordic 6-part small-village crime shows. They've all just blurred together now.

Comment

In good news, Rutherford Falls. We just finished S1 (10 episodes) and it's very cute / funny. Created and starring Ed Helms (American The Office), it has a strong First Nations cast, including a show runner, a funny premise, good lines, and is worth a watch. S2 has been ordered.

Comment

Where are you watching it? It's on something called Peacock, I've no clue what that is.

Comment

Peacock is NBC's premium streaming service. They have moved a good deal of their Premier League coverage there.

Comment

But not available in the Great White North AFAIK.

Comment

Mebbe WOM brought a cable box back from Florida

Comment

I found this info:
                                      "As of June 2020, Corus Entertainment announced their deals and agreement with NBC Universal's regarding the airing of Peacock TV Original programming in Canada. You can now stream numerous Peacock Original shows on the network in Canada."

I don't know what Corus is. But perhaps you get it.

Comment

We PVR'd it off Showcase, but it's on the Global TV App and StackTV.

Comment

Corus is a massive conglomerate of radio, TV, production, etc. Big-ass office on Toronto waterfront called Corus Quay.

(the lobby has a multi-story slide that is so fast and steep that people were getting hurt left, right and centre)

Comment

I thought Canada only had two media companies, Rogers and Bell.

Comment

Originally posted by WOM View Post
                                              We PVR'd it off Showcase, but it's on the Global TV App and StackTV.
                                              Cheers. I'll see if I can find it on Showcase.

Comment

Today's Foundation was quite a ride

Comment

Originally posted by Amor de Cosmos View Post

Cheers. I'll see if I can find it on Showcase.
                                                  If you subscribe to any of the larger tv/cable/satellite providers, you can sign in to Global TV App for free and watch it there on demand. Shaw, Rogers, Cogeco, Bell....almost all of them.

Comment

That reminds me. I'm kinda disappointed that the ESPN+ hockey package doesn't provide the regional/local ads. It just a bunch of "slides" saying the game is in commercial and here are some pictures of ESPN chat shows.

Since they game is paused anyway, I'd prefer to see ads for The Keg and Swiss Chalet or learning how I can save big money at Menards or score a hatrick of savings on a new Ford at some place off some interstate in some suburb I will never visit.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X