No announcement yet.

Current Watching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I like the set up. I liked the Robert Redford film.

There’s one bit where he’s on the Metro and it keeps shifting from the DC metro to Toronto and back again. They describe it right - he took the blue line from Rosslyn to Pentagon. That sounds right. But then I saw a sign that said “shady grove.” That’s the above ground terminus of the Red Line, many miles away.

But it covers all that better than most shows set in DC but filmed in Canada. All of the bits of him running are probably in Toronto but sort of look like the canal or Rock Creek Park.

Comment

'Murder On Middle Beach' (HBO). Documentary in which a filmmaker investigates his mother's murder. Extraordinary, engrossing four-part series.

Comment

It's a year old but I'm enjoying Art of Persia, presented by Samira Ahmed. Some amazing access.

THe Shapur cave is something.

Edit: It's not that heavy on the art to be honest but the history is interesting.
        Last edited by Levin; 13-05-2021, 19:22.

Comment

Just about to watch the last episode of "Mom". Ask me shit, or do not fuck with me, until 75 minutes. (I might comment, you can fuck off. I mean that. If they had chips for 6 days, I'd have one/won/wan)

No spoilers.I really need to cry.

Nope, kill your own minkies.

Comment

I'm going to ruin this thead until someone points me in any other direction. (The prvious show sucks balls CBS.)

Comment

(shit version of "I'm Free", but you know, who cares)

I don'tcare. I literally have popvorn (Butterkist, fuck off)

I've watched this show for 7 long years. Bless you, before I make a comment.

Comment

Briliant.

Comment

I can't believe that 'they' are making you hate her.

More.

Comment

Yeah, I can smell a redemption... "Bonnie"

Comment

No, fuck off: it's Allisson Janney.

Comment

The ending is going to be forced.

Also... tangential.

Comment

My name is gerontophile, and I am an alcoholic.

(Thread? or...honesty?)

Comment

I can only remember the last time I tried to get this thread... and the same commercial came on: Dulcolex. In case your stools were inadequate. Of course it cannot possibly be a thread. If it's ok with Burnley supporting peeps, I'm ok with lying my arse off near anyone else who has an issue wit Scotrail (alcoholism... meh).

I don't even know who the Burnley, one of the oldest teams in the Lancashire mill area, are.

And yet, I literally used to live there. For 4 years. OK, maybe 6 months and then ran to Bacup... And you all thought this was going to end well.
                            Nothing from Bacup, ever ends well.

Comment

Sorry. I lived there for 4 ears, and all I can remember is the guy from Blackburn.

Comment

So, those Mariners eh?

Comment

Sons of Sam was a fucking disgrace.

Comment

Good to know

Comment

Sensationalist bullshit, spinning out fuck all material for 4 episodes.

Comment

We’re finding the Rocco Schiavone series on More 4 really enjoyable.

Comment

Hacks is really promising after two episodes. Here’s a good intro.

Comment

Had a good laugh at I Can See Your Voice (BBC IPlayer). Contestants have to spot bad singers from good without hearing their voice to win 10k, and if they get it wrong the duff warbler takes the prize instead. Great crap TV.

Comment

Really enjoyed the first Inside No. 9 of the new series (6 I think) although I suspect it really won't be to everyone's taste. I'd describe it as Reservoir Dogs meets Tim Vine, Reservoir Gags, if you will.

Comment

I watched The Woman in the Window last night, a great cast, but a really shit film. So I watched When Harry Met Sally afterwards, for light relief. Had never seen it before.

Comment

When Harry Met Sally is a classic that revived the romantic comedy genre. Excellent writing.

Comment

Yep, apart from their saying "fuck" a couple of times, it's in the traditional of the Golden Age screwball comedies. Very witty writing from Nora Ephron.

And the "orgasm" scene, I guess.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X