No announcement yet.

Current Watching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've never seen a single episode. But, based on the fervid support on here, I will.

Comment

Yeah, I finally get what the ruckus is about.

Comment

I tried Arrested Development, but I couldn't get on with it I'm afraid.

Loved Marcella, as of course I would. It is pretty silly though, yeah.

Comment

Talking of silly series, we just finished Behind Her Eyes on Netflix. One of those where you spend the whole series wondering if it’s really good, or really not very good at all. Took me until the last episode to err towards the latter, but I’d clearly been invested enough to stick with it. And the plot resolution? Well I’d be interested to hear what others thought, if they watched it. It’s the first thing I’ve seen with Bono’s daughter in; didn’t even know she was an actor.

Comment

There's a bit of discussion on it several pages back.

Comment

I tried Arrested Development when it was first on TV in the UK because I saw it raved about by Americans as the best thing ever. I was bored because I don't think I was tuned in, and gave up after episode one. I finally watched it properly about 10 years ago and - at least the first couple of seasons - it's one of the funniest things ever on American TV. But Season 4 was definitely a diminishing returns situation, and I never even knew about a season 5.

Comment

Originally posted by Amor de Cosmos View Post
                There's a bit of discussion on it several pages back.
                https://www.onetouchfootball.com/for...es#post2424315

Comment

Thanks Amor and WOM, I even posted on the thread. It’s been one of those weeks... months.

Comment

Watched theNetflix Rebecca last night. Not bad, performances all fine but there was never any feeling of suspense, for me at least. The period detail was very good. Any enjoyment was also tainted substantially by reading the latest Wiki entries about Armie Hammer while watching. Not sure we’ll be seeing much of him on our screens from now on.

Comment

Wife's gone to bed, daughter's in her bedroom, I've got a mug of tea and I'm about to watch my second favourite black & white film, The Third Man.

Comment

Ding-de-ding de-ding-de-ding

Comment

Good old Anton Karas.

Comment

The wife and I have finally started the final series of How to get away with Murder this week. It's turning into a bit of a chore, and I know how it ends, but it feels like something we need to do.]

I also watched Cast Away for the first time last night. One of those films that I knew a lot about without ever really wanting to watch. However, I was Netflix hopping in bed and saw it so thought why not. I really bloody enjoyed it. Much, much better than I expected.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon G View Post
                              The wife and I have finally started the final series of How to get away with Murder this week. It's turning into a bit of a chore, and I know how it ends, but it feels like something we need to do.]

I also watched Cast Away for the first time last night. One of those films that I knew a lot about without ever really wanting to watch. However, I was Netflix hopping in bed and saw it so thought why not. I really bloody enjoyed it. Much, much better than I expected.

Yes, I think Cast Away is a terrific film. The scene when the plane goes into a dive and the reaction to it struck me as very realistic.

I watched Art of France last night. David, Ingres, Delacroix and the rest of the post-Revolution group. Very good.

Comment

I thought that was brilliant as well.

It made me think what I'd be like on my own completely cut off. Would I have the wherewithal to make fire? Would I be so hungry I'd eat fish (I can't stand fish)? I imagine I would - how desperate do you become?

Usually, I'll put a film on when I'm in bed and just drop in and out through micro-sleeps, but I was completely engrossed from the moment the plane hit trouble.

Comment

How about when he does dentistry with an ice skate?

Comment

Yeah - that made me wince a bit.

Comment

OK, I give up. Is there a thread about The Americans on here?

I've gone down about 6 pages already and found nothing, and the search function here appears limited at best.

I am currently surging through series 2 and can't see anything stopping this for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Logan Mountstuart View Post
                                        I am currently surging through series 2 and can't see anything stopping this for a while.
                                        HUGE fans of The Americans. Can't say enough about it.

https://www.onetouchfootball.com/for...atching/page81

https://www.onetouchfootball.com/forum/one-touch-football/film-tv-and-radio/81-current-watching/page82
                                        Last edited by WOM; 07-04-2021, 18:55.

Comment

Cheers, WOM. That might be a bit spoilery for me. I fear I might get to season 6 within in a couple of weeks.

Comment

Yes, don't read anything. Suffice to say, thems that watched it liked it a lot. Just not many people watched it.

Comment

The body count in Marcella is ridiculous. Do they ever get through an episode without 2 or 3 deaths?

Comment

I tried again to finish Godzilla v Kong. Ugh. Skipped to the end. The main characters survive and there's a mechagodzilla. I wish I liked it.

Switched that up and fired up The Godfather. Horse-murder aside, it's fantastic. I mean, that's not an edgy opinion for a 48-year-old middle-class white guy, but I always notice things I didn't before. Like, I was never 100% clear about where the Corelone compound was, but in the scene where Michael is in the hospital, he calls the operator for an extension in Long Beach so he can talk to Sonny. Long Beach is on Long Island and it makes sense that's where they would live, I guess. Apparently, a lot of celebrities used to live there. The real house is on Staten Island.

Comment

Finished our marathon through the Sopranos last night. Bereft now, North Jersey felt as real as North County Dublin these past few months. Nothing has come close since, an incredible piece of work.

Comment

Watched Run tonight, which is enjoyable trash.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X