Current Watching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tracteurgarçon View Post

The small people often seemed to travel to big towns though and the original Norwegian community was totally open to nature.
    Yeah, that is a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by RobW View Post
      I understand that Better Call Saul season 5 is out today (or is that just US Netflix?). Will be diving back into that this evening.
      It’s not on US Netflix. It’s on AMC.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ethan View Post

What night of the week?
        It’s really weird how they are rolling out Hidden. First, S4C are showing the Welsh-only version (Craith) on a Sunday. Then BBC Wales are showing the bilingual version on a Tuesday in their region. Then it pops up onto iplayer on Thursdays. Finally, it’s on BBC4 nationwide on Saturday nights. Can’t think why they don’t put the whole series up on iplayer - it’s not like you’re dodging any ads or anything by streaming.

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Pepsi View Post

It’s not on US Netflix. It’s on AMC.
          Yeah, S4 just dropped on Netflix, a week before S5 on AMC. We're binging the former as we PVR the latter.

Comment

That’s right.

I don’t think I will pay for AMC or pay for the season on Amazon. I’ll wait for it to be on Netflix someday.

Comment

It's about the only show on AMC worth watching. They used to be a player when it comes to subscription TV but have backed away over the last few years.

Comment

They had Mad Men and Walking Dead is extremely popular. Not sure what else.

Comment

They had Mad Men and Walking Dead is extremely popular. Not sure what else.
                  Besides Mad Men they had Breaking Bad, Turn, Hell on Wheels, and Halt and Catch Fire but there's been nothing memorable, aside from The Walking Dead I guess, for the past three of four years.

Comment

I forgot all of those were AMC. I get it mixed up with FX.

Comment

Walking Dead is extremely popular.
                      Bafflingly.

Comment

FX felt like it was really hot for a while, but I'm not sure what they've got right now. The Americans ended, yet the agonizingly drawn-out American Horror Story persists.

Comment

I don't have access to it, but it has Atlanta, doesn't it? I've heard that's amazing. Maybe I'll check it out on Hulu, if that's possible. I think I read that FX was giving up on doing it's own app in favor of Hulu.

Comment

Ploughing through The Outsider at the moment. Pretty strong cast, nice direction.

Comment

Originally posted by hobbes View Post
                              Ploughing through The Outsider at the moment. Pretty strong cast, nice direction.
                              Yup. Big fan. Just hoping it doesn't go for a big poop right at the end. It's Stephen King so I'm wary.

Comment

I don't have access to it, but it has Atlanta, doesn't it? I've heard that's amazing. Maybe I'll check it out on Hulu, if that's possible. I think I read that FX was giving up on doing it's own app in favor of Hulu.
                                Atlanta is great but uneven. Some eps are brilliant and some are clunkers. He's trying stuff, so I'm willing to give him lots of latitude.

Comment

So I'm 2/3rds through S2 of The Split - anyone?

Comment

Babylon Berlin series 3 is imminent (March 1st, Netflix)

Comment

Yeah.(See upthread)

Comment

It’s utterly crass and silly, but we’re enjoying White Gold on Netflix (made by the BBC so perhaps was on there originally). It’s very much in the vein of Inbetweeners and indeed two of them are in it. Double glazing salesmen in 1983 Essex, everything you’d expect. The lead, Ed Westwick is so like a young Ben Chaplin (visually and aurally) that I keep thinking it’s him, even though I know it isn’t.

Comment

So I’m up to date on The Outsider, but luckily Altered Carbon season 2 has just dropped.
                                          wonder if it’ll follow the books or go off piste.

Comment

Aha, yes, so I see, and I just for the first time managed to search within a thread, so thanks.

So, The Split - does anyone know where the building is? Not the inside, which is Olswang(wankers)'s old gaff round High Holborn way, but the outside shot of the front entrance, please?

Agree, Nicola Walker is bloody excellent.

Comment

I’m liking I Am Not OK With This about a teenage girl who has, among other issues, [spoiler]psychic[/spoiler] powers. It’s set in Brownsville, PA and filmed there. It’s a real place south of Pittsburgh. Economically distressed. This being filmed there is probably the best thing to happen to it in 100 years.

Comment

I've started watching "On Becoming A God In Central Florida". Three episodes in and I'm very charmed.

Comment

What channel/service is that on?

That reminds me - why the fuck doesn’t IMDB tell you what service/channel a given show is on? Is it because they have a deal with Amazon and don’t want to promote anything not on Prime?

Comment

It's on Showtime, I think. It's based around a pyramid scheme in 90s? suburban Florida. I think it sort of has the same humour (and perhaps the same sun-dappled hues) as Lodge 49, that sort of vibe.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X