Current Watching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TonTon View Post
    So we never had a "Lost in Space" thread? Anyone else watch the second season?
    It didn’t engage us either, I seem to remember we only watched Episode 1.

Comment

Oh that's a shame. We just binged the second season. Really quite enjoyed it and looking forward to 3.

I think the main characters are all pretty good, with some excellent. The plot is, of course, very silly, but it's sci-fi isn't it.

Comment

The Dirty War on the NHS, John Pilger documentary finishes on the ITV hub tonight.
        Very scary watch, but essential.

Comment

Good Omens has started on free telly. David Tennant looks incredibly like a younger Bill Nighy in the first part of the first episode.

Comment

I enjoyed The House. There are usually one or two comedies a year in that vein that are better than expected. Game Night and Long Shot come to mind as recent ones.

I watched the first half if Midsommar a couple of nights ago - it was atmospheric and looked great, but I got bored. It was the atmosphere of Wicker Man, but felt like less was going on.

Then yesterday I watched The Aeronauts which was OK. It had some nice vertiginous sequences. There’s not a lot of substance to it, and sometimes some scenes of the balloon looked like Wes Anderson outtakes, and it had a bit of that Anderson cartoony quality at times. But it was on OK way to spend a couple of hours.

Right now, on the plane, I’ve just started on the Peanut Butter Falcon, which I really like so far.

Comment

We enjoyed Dracula, the 3-parter on Netflix. It was corny AF in parts, but a fun take on an exhausted genre.

Comment

Also, Framing John DeLorean was very interesting. It's a documentary with dramatic recreations - with Alec Baldwin as JZD - mixed in. But there are also 'making of / behind the scenes' segments where Baldwin talks casually about playing the role, about the man himself, about the process, etc. It's three things in one, but it's not bad. I've not seen anything like it before.

I learned a fair bit more about the darker side of DeLorean than I'd known before - people he screwed over and such. A complicated portrait of a complicated man.

Not sure where it's playing (I PVR'd it off HBO or something), but it's worth a look.

Comment

It is playing on JetBlue right now: I might watch that next

Comment

And that car, man. I still would. With my own money.

Comment

Originally posted by WOM View Post
                      And that car, man. I still would. With my own money.
                      Someone who lives near me has two of them, they're noisy as fuck, you hear them long before you see them.

Comment

They're dreadful cars. They really are. Underpowered, too heavy, and the cooling systems are monstrously ineffective. If you ever watch Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee, a DeLorean craps out on them during the filming. Coolant everywhere.

But still....

Comment

I'm trying out Mad Men. It's ok, but I don't really get it as yet.

Comment

Now trying out Lucifer. Hmmm.

Comment

Have you watched Russian Doll? It's worth persevering if it's a bit grating the first few eps.

Comment

Now trying out Lucifer. Hmmm.
                                I love Lucifer.

Season 5 of The Magicians started last night. I was pleasantly surprised because I didn't know there would be a season 5. So yay!

Comment

Originally posted by Femme Folle View Post

I love Lucifer.

Season 5 of The Magicians started last night. I was pleasantly surprised because I didn't know there would be a season 5. So yay!
                                  I thought we discussed it.

I’m actually paying the high price to get the whole season on Prime. I just can’t wait for it to be on Netflix and I don’t have cable.

It’s so good and so underrated. It’s also an example of a show/movie that is arguably better than the books it is based on. It’s longer with more characters. The author, Lev Grossman, is involved in the show, so I assume he’s happy with it.

Comment

Hot Pepsi now that you mention it, I do remember discussing it with you. I think we were wondering how the loss of Q would affect the story. I thought last night's episode was really good.

Comment

Yeah. It’s compelling.

Comment

Well the other half liked Lucifer, and I didn't dislike it, so we'll likely go on with it.

Russian Doll - I'm very wary of anything labelled comedy, but I also have nothing else to do in life, so I might try it.

Comment

Russian Doll - I'm very wary of anything labelled comedy, but I also have nothing else to do in life, so I might try it.
                                          It's not a comedy. It's funny, but not a comedy.

I have no idea if you'll like it, but don't let the comedy label put you off

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

There’s already been a few mentions of this, but Giri/Haji (Duty/Shame) is shaping up to be bloody excellent. I’m up to episode 4 (of 8) and completely hooked. Still on the bbc iplayer for a couple more months, I believe.

Comment

Was watching Watchmen on Now TV, only had two episodes to go and it seems to have disappeared from the listings.

It's an HBO show so it should be on there shouldn't it? Anyone in the UK know where I can watch the last two episodes as I'd really gotten into it?

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
                                                  Have you watched Russian Doll? It's worth persevering if it's a bit grating the first few eps.
                                                  Agreed. We thought it was worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by tracteurgarçon View Post
                                                    Was watching Watchmen on Now TV, only had two episodes to go and it seems to have disappeared from the listings.

It's an HBO show so it should be on there shouldn't it? Anyone in the UK know where I can watch the last two episodes as I'd really gotten into it?
                                                    Yes, this was exceptional.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X