No announcement yet.

Current Watching

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wouldn’t think they’d want to revive them soon anyway. They’ve got so many other new things and Avengers spin-offs to launch first.

I gave up on Legion midway through season 2. It just got too confusing.

Comment

I can't count the number of these Marvel / comic book shows I start in on, hoping it'll be something really amazing. They tend to degenerate into the same old tropes pretty quickly. Much as I liked Umbrella Academy, it was more of the same.

Comment

I've stopped watching them entirely, not that I was ever particularly into them. I think I made it four episodes into Daredevil and two into Jessica Jones. Legion was the only exception, and I don't think I'll bother with season 3.

Edit: Is The Tick Marvel? I watched that all the way through.

Comment

The Tick is not Marvel. It started as a mascot for New England Comics' (a retail chain) newsletter.
          https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tick_(comics)

Comment

I'm enjoying (most of the time) Easy on Netflix. Still on series one but. The Orlando Bloom episode was unbearable though (we thought the actor was a low rent Orlando Bloom-alike rather than the real deal he was that shite and smug an actor: and neither of us have a high opinion of Bloom as an Actor).
            Last edited by Lang Spoon; 25-06-2019, 18:05.

Comment

Mumblecore seems to work better as vignettes on telly than as a film genre.

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Pepsi View Post
                The Tick is not Marvel. It started as a mascot for New England Comics' (a retail chain) newsletter.
                https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tick_(comics)
                The live action Tick with the big guy from shitey US sitcoms (How I met Your Mother?, think he was the voice of wheelchair neighbor in Family Guy) was enjoyable almost twenty years back, at least at 2am and baked.

Comment

I do have a bit of a pash for the Jessica Jones actor. Not enough to actually watch the show but, couldn't work out what the fuck was going on when my flatmate had it on (I stopped reading comics mostly by 92 and was never a Marvel kid anyway).

Comment

I watched the first episode of Catch 22 last night. I thought it captured the essence of the book pretty well.

Comment

Is that on Netflix?

Comment

Originally posted by Sits View Post
                        Is that on Netflix?
                        Channel 4, so it'll be on their player.

Comment

Ah, might have to scrabble around a bit for it in Oz then.

Comment

Taskmaster. Not intellectual viewing but great fun (except for the last series - that was shite). Pleased to see the latest series has gone back to the usual high standard.

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post

The live action Tick with the big guy from shitey US sitcoms (How I met Your Mother?, think he was the voice of wheelchair neighbor in Family Guy) was enjoyable almost twenty years back, at least at 2am and baked.
                              The animated one was the best, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Sits View Post
                                Ah, might have to scrabble around a bit for it in Oz then.
                                It was on Hulu in the US, if that helps.

Comment

I just watched 2016 Shane Black film The Nice Guys. The most startling moment was when Russell Crowe put on a pair of reading glasses which made him look just like Mark Francois. He is Brandoesque in his lack of condition. Otherwise, it wasn't quite as hip and funny as everyone involved seemed to think.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Yellow View Post

It was on Hulu in the US, if that helps.
                                    Ta

Comment

Finished "Mindhunter" S1 - brilliant. Finish "Years&Years" - very good. Been spoiled with good television in the last few weeks....

Comment

Finally watching Lilyhammer from a few years back. Mafia boss squeals and goes into hiding as a bar owner in Norway. Not bad.

Comment

My dad had an episode of Wallander on there, and I was watching it for a while, and then it suddenly dawned on me "That's Kenneth Fucking Branagh". It turns out that the cunt can actually act. I don't know why I was so shocked, because the other times I saw him, he seemed to often be playing a version of Kenneth branagh.

Comment

Finished 63Up. Never disappoints, and never fails to hook me emotionally.

Comment

Finished S2 of Good Girls. I was wrong: it's solid. They had ideas and they're moving it in new directions. Also, I end up Shazaming at least 3 or 4 songs each episode, they're so good and so semi-obscure. Whoever's choosing the music has me in their vest pocket.

Comment

I've been enjoying Good Girls, too. It still feels like a Network-Safe, blander version of Breaking Bad, but it has enough humour and charm to keep me going. And, unlike non-network prestige shows, the protagonists aren't rotten anti-heroes. They're actually kind of likeable.

Comment

Watching the Bruce Springsteen Broadway thing on Netflix. I’m not a massive Bruce Springsteen fan and I haven’t seen him live, but this is very good. Glad I can see it on Netflix because I imagine that tickets to his shows on Broadway are all in the four digits.

Comment

We went. Cost me an arm and a leg. It was worth it. He played 236 sold out nights, which ended last December.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X