Current Watching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
    I'll be diving into Good Omens later on this afternoon. As a massive fan of the book, I'm braced for disappointment.
    I’ve started it. I haven’t read the book, but it’s fairly entertaining so far because of the lead performances.

Comment

I started Good Omens last night, but I'll have to rewatch episode 2. I woke up at some point during episode 3, but the way Amazon autoplays each episode, I don't know exactly when I fell asleep. I liked it, but I haven't read the book.

Comment

So Good Omens is a Amazon BBC co-production which apparently means that the BBC get to show it at Christmas. I guess this means that Amazon put up the bulk of the cash but it's a bit annoying especially coming on the heels of Killing Eve getting released in the US before in the UK.

Comment

Finished Good Omens today. Loved it.

Comment

I still haven’t seen Killing Eve. It’s not on amazon Prime unless one pays extra. Same with Atlanta.

I’m watching White Gold. By the guy who did Inbetweeners. It’s about sketchy assholes who sell “double glazing” - what we’d call decent windows - in the early 80s.

Lots of good early 80s music.

Comment

White Gold was the name of a high end (and much hyped) butcher shop during the day/restaurant at night in our neighbourhood that went bust within six months. We never made it there before it closed.

Comment

Oddly, Killing Eve was free-to-air here, and on time. We saw the final episode; was OK but if they stopped it now that would be OK.

Comment

Originally posted by Sits View Post
                  Oddly, Killing Eve was free-to-air here, and on time. We saw the final episode; was OK but if they stopped it now that would be OK.
                  I feel that way too. I'm really not interested in a third, to be quite honest.

I watched the Happy! finale tonight (had it on the DVR for a few days now). That is such a good show and I don't know why more of you aren't watching it.

Comment

Just watching the last episode of Mum. Wish there were more.

Comment

Originally posted by Femme Folle View Post

I watched the Happy! finale tonight (had it on the DVR for a few days now). That is such a good show and I don't know why more of you aren't watching it.
                      Season 2 isn't on in the UK yet.

Comment

That Nos4R2 thing is a Joe Hill book, isn't it? Stephen King's kidder. I'm pretty sure I read it.

Comment

Originally posted by hobbes View Post
                          That Nos4R2 thing is a Joe Hill book, isn't it? Stephen King's kidder. I'm pretty sure I read it.
                          Yes, that's the one. What did you think of the book?

Comment

Well alright already. I'll do it. To be honest I've been planning to watch this since it came out and just never got around to it.

Season 2 isn't on in the UK yet.
                            Season 2 starts Wednesday on Netflix.

Comment

Suranne Jones in Gentleman Jack. OMG.

Comment

Yeah. Excellent isn't she. We are loving that series.

Comment

Anyone else watched Press? sApologies if I missed it upthread. Basically centered on two papers, one red top and one Graun-esque. Ben Chaplin plays an excellent bastard tabloid editor, but with some nuance, and Charlotte Riley (not on TV nearly enough) is great as the conflicted "Graun" journo.

Only seen a couple of episodes but promising.

Comment

Catching up with Line of Duty from 2012-2013 which I have not had access to before now. Excellent plotting and writing , only let down by the anti-corruption actor Martin Compston being rather wooden in a Nick Berry style. Lennie James and Keeley Hawes are terrific.

Comment

Call My Agent...

Comment

Yes, that's the one. What did you think of the book?
                                        It was an audiobook read by Captain Janeway which was pretty entertaining. I don't remember too much about the story only that it was a bit derivative, but not too bad.

Comment

Mrs dglh has started watching VEEP. Nothing new to offer here, though I am not happy about ever having some 8 season show on in the household. At least the plot continuity seems to be relatively minimal.

Comment

Finally got around to starting Deadwood, what with the movie coming out. Olyphant looks so young!

Comment

Watched the movie last night. Won't say too much to avoid spoilers. The cast is great, the story fine, though veers a little toward the sentimental at times. But it's great to see Olyphant, McShane, Molly Parker and the rest in character again.

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
                                                Catching up with Line of Duty from 2012-2013 which I have not had access to before now. Excellent plotting and writing , only let down by the anti-corruption actor Martin Compston being rather wooden in a Nick Berry style. Lennie James and Keeley Hawes are terrific.
                                                I always enjoy Compton in LOD - thought he was just doing a great job of playing a rather dull, uninspiring and undemonstrative bloke who happens to be a really good cop. In other words a rare example of a non-cliche TV cop.

Comment

It was an audiobook read by Captain Janeway which was pretty entertaining. I don't remember too much about the story only that it was a bit derivative, but not too bad.
                                                  I watched the premier of the TV series last night and thought it was off to a good start. My only complaint is about the network it's on here, AMC, which seems to show 10 minutes of ads for every 5 minutes of show. Their ad breaks are so long that you can forget what the characters were talking about before the break. Maybe I'm spoiled by HBO, but SyFy doesn't do that and neither does BBC America. I'll continue watching, but I'll DVR it so I can FF through the ads.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X