Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Current Watching

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Iím watching The Prisoner. Iíve heard about it and it was referenced on The Simpsonís, but Iíve never seen it. Now itís on Amazon. Itís hard to get used to the square screen again, but it otherwise looks great.

    Itís really remarkable.

    Comment


      The place in which it was filmed (Portmerion in Wales) is real, which was even more remarkable for me.

      Comment


        I watched the Amazon series "Hannah" this weekend. I enjoyed it, but I wouldn't say that it's 'must see TV'. I did not see the film of the same name, so I can't compare them.

        I'm also very happy that Billions is back.

        Comment


          Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
          The place in which it was filmed (Portmerion in Wales) is real, which was even more remarkable for me.
          We car camped in Wales the summer of 1995 and Portmerion was on my list to visit. My wife knew something about the history of the village and the pottery, but I was excited wandering around looking for locations from the show. It was also a rare instance where I actually sought out the gift shop.

          The series is excellent - I rewatched it on DVDs from the library a few years back and it still plays well. Love the village typeface.

          .

          Comment


            Originally posted by Hot Pepsi View Post

            I didnít like it as much as the previous seasons. I guess itís just not as novel now.
            I'm really loving Natalie Morales's character this season.

            Comment


              Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
              The place in which it was filmed (Portmerion in Wales) is real, which was even more remarkable for me.
              Same. I made a point of going there in 1990 when I was backpacking around. It ain't easy to get to. Like Cal, I made a stop at the gift shop.

              Comment


                Originally posted by Ginger Yellow View Post

                I'm really loving Natalie Morales's character this season.
                She was also great in The Grinder, and apparently is in a new Mike Schur sitcom set in San Diego which I'm going to have to watch.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Sits View Post
                  Just started Project Blue Book; one episode and reserving judgement.
                  Heh. I'm not. It's terrible.
                  But then episode 1 of Fringe was terrible and that turned out great, so what do I know?

                  It won't last though. Costume stuff is too expensive to sustain long term unless you use shitty effects. Which this did.
                  Always awesome to see Ksenia Solo on the telly though. I've missed her since Lost Girl finished.

                  Comment


                    Fringe as in the one with Pacey in?

                    Comment


                      Episode 1 of Peaky Blinders was dull, but the series is magnificent.

                      Comment


                        Yep we've ditched Project Blue Book after Episode 2. What a great story to work with; what terrible execution.

                        Comment


                          After a couple of episodes that didn't grab me too much (possibly because they immediately followed excellent Partridges) I thought last night's 'Fleabag' was right back on form. Possibly because it was the most like the first series in it's tone.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by TonTon View Post
                            Fringe as in the one with Pacey in?
                            That's the poppet. From about S01E07 until the end of S04 I thought it was the best thing on telly.

                            Comment


                              Binged Hanna over the last couple of days.
                              Starts really well, finished really well.
                              Could have done without the 2 episodes in the middle where she


                              **************mild Spoiler mild spoiler********************
                              Goes to England and gets all annoying.

                              Comment


                                Episode 1 of Peaky Blinders was dull, but the series is magnificent.

                                Is Cillian Murphy any good in it? he has pretty much Zero public Profile here in Ireland. it's not that he's a recluse or anything, he's just not interested in that side of things. You might see him at a live gig if you're involved in that sort of scene, but he keeps himself to himself. He's not a needy annoying gobshite like Colin Farrell.

                                Comment


                                  Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
                                  Is Cillian Murphy any good in it? he has pretty much Zero public Profile here in Ireland. it's not that he's a recluse or anything, he's just not interested in that side of things. You might see him at a live gig if you're involved in that sort of scene, but he keeps himself to himself. He's not a needy annoying gobshite like Colin Farrell.
                                  He's very good in Peaky Blinders but he's an absolutely phenomenal stage actor. His thing in PB features quite a lot of menacing stillness, Michael Corleone style, onstage he has a remarkable athleticism. He's doing an Enda Walsh play at the Barbican at the moment and, having been busy/disorganised so far, I will be checking their site several times a day to get a return for next week. Their last two collaborations at The National (over here) were quite weird to be honest but CM was brilliant in both.

                                  Comment


                                    Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
                                    Episode 1 of Peaky Blinders was dull, but the series is magnificent.

                                    Is Cillian Murphy any good in it? he has pretty much Zero public Profile here in Ireland. it's not that he's a recluse or anything, he's just not interested in that side of things. You might see him at a live gig if you're involved in that sort of scene, but he keeps himself to himself. He's not a needy annoying gobshite like Colin Farrell.
                                    Every Irish woman I know it seems fancies the pants of the handsome Cork midget, so his profile is big enuf to wet the island's knickers at least fer wimmen over 30.

                                    and my maw under the influence of post op opiates apparently couldn't stop rhapsodising over Tommy Shelby's gorgeous eyes, so it appears Scotch ladies aren't immune either.

                                    i do find The Farrell's attempts to make a Castleknock upbringing look hardscrable and Just Enuf For The City quite amusing. He's as Inner City Life as fucking Well Spoken Such A Nice Man fuckin Bono with abs Brian O'Driscoll. He must have found that accent in the back of a taxi.
                                    Last edited by Lang Spoon; 03-04-2019, 00:15.

                                    Comment


                                      Well Everyone knows who he is, he's probably the best looking irishman to have ever lived. It's hard to miss that, which is why I'm pleased to hear Benjm say that he's a pretty top notch actor. Normally the first would poison the motivation to be the second, or just about do anything really well. But he's just someone you see in Movies and in Peaky Blinders. He didn't go on the Late Late until 2010, to promote the follow up to Intermission, which was so bad that I didn't know it had happened. You're more likely to see a photo of Daniel day Lewis out on the town in Dublin than Murphy.

                                      Comment


                                        Originally posted by hobbes View Post

                                        That's the poppet. From about S01E07 until the end of S04 I thought it was the best thing on telly.
                                        I have never ever come across anyone else who even knew what it was. I'm so excited.

                                        Comment


                                          Originally posted by TonTon View Post

                                          I have never ever come across anyone else who even knew what it was. I'm so excited.
                                          Thereís an old thread of pretty much just Hobbes, FF and me obsessed with Fringe as it spun to its conclusion.

                                          Comment


                                            Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
                                            Well Everyone knows who he is, he's probably the best looking irishman to have ever lived. It's hard to miss that, which is why I'm pleased to hear Benjm say that he's a pretty top notch actor. Normally the first would poison the motivation to be the second, or just about do anything really well. But he's just someone you see in Movies and in Peaky Blinders. He didn't go on the Late Late until 2010, to promote the follow up to Intermission, which was so bad that I didn't know it had happened. You're more likely to see a photo of Daniel day Lewis out on the town in Dublin than Murphy.
                                            Have you seen Anthropoid, TAB? It teams CM with Jamie Dornan as a pair of unusually good looking assassins sent to Prague to bump off Reinhard Heydrich. They have a good go at it but their pulchritude kind of unbalances the film, as if The Spy Who Came In From The Cold had been made starring The Beatles instead of Richard Burton.

                                            Murphy was living in London until a couple of years ago; he moved after the referendum, IMS, although he said it was a, not the, factor in deciding to go. He had a house in Brondesbury, a nice area just west of Kilburn High Road, which is itself much less edgy now than its 70s/80s birthed reputation would have it.

                                            Comment


                                              Originally posted by TonTon View Post

                                              I have never ever come across anyone else who even knew what it was. I'm so excited.
                                              Ginger Yellow of this parish was a big fan too, I seem to recall. And maybe FF too.
                                              I have all 5 seasons on Bluray.
                                              Annoyingly my mate met Anna Torv outside a pub in Hammersmith about 10 minutes after I'd left. Got a photo with her and tormented me with it. The git.


                                              Edit.. Just saw FIGS' post. Sorry!

                                              Comment


                                                It was kind of a guilty pleasure for me. And it jumped the shark in the last season. But, yeah, I enjoyed it.

                                                Comment


                                                  Originally posted by Benjm View Post

                                                  Have you seen Anthropoid, TAB? It teams CM with Jamie Dornan as a pair of unusually good looking assassins sent to Prague to bump off Reinhard Heydrich. They have a good go at it but their pulchritude kind of unbalances the film, as if The Spy Who Came In From The Cold had been made starring The Beatles instead of Richard Burton.

                                                  Murphy was living in London until a couple of years ago; he moved after the referendum, IMS, although he said it was a, not the, factor in deciding to go. He had a house in Brondesbury, a nice area just west of Kilburn High Road, which is itself much less edgy now than its 70s/80s birthed reputation would have it.
                                                  I thought that the pair of them were an odd choice for a movie about operation anthropoid. One of the assassins looks a bit like a 40's matt damon if you squint, but the other is one of the most singular looking men you'll ever see. There's definitely someone out there who is the image of Heydrich though.

                                                  Comment


                                                    I loved Fringe, even after it jumped the shark. Ditto 12 Monkeys.

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X