Morse - best episode ever!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As long standing Morse fans, my fiancee and I are gradually working our way through the entire boxed set of all 9 Morse series. All good stuff, but the last one we watched really was in a class of its own. It was the one with a strong Magic Flute/masonic theme, where Morse gets framed for a murder in the first few minutes and spends most of the episode as the prime suspect. Awesome.

It probably did my enjoyment of the programme no harm that I absolutely adore The Magic Flute.

Yeah good episode that.

*********MILD SPOILER TYPE QUERY******************************************

The bad guy in that returns later doesn't he or is a returning baddy from a previous episode?

Comment

cheers gt3!

******** MILD SPOILER *********

On your "returning bad guy" point, I think you must be confusing it with something else. The guy ends up dead in the "Masonic Mysteries" episode, and I don't recognise him from any earlier episode (I'm watching them all in obsessively chronological order, saddo that I am). Also the IMDB entry for the actor (Ian McD) who plays the character mentions only one Morse episode.

Comment

I'm pretty certain there's a link between the Masonic Mysteries episode and The Magic Flute episode - unless it's just the Masons - they get everywhere!

What's wrong with watching it in chronological order? Just occasionally in Morse you'll get references to previous episodes, plus also in series like that watching them in that way allows one to see how the writers and the actors developed the characters. The Lewis and Morse in the last episode of that series are quite different from those at the beginning.

Comment

The best episode of Morse is self-evidently the one where they go to a rave in a country mansion. 'Cherubum and Serafim' I think.

"It's a rave Lewis!"

"Wait a second Lewis - that's Handel's 'Messiah'!"

By the terminally mediocre director of Trainspotting Danny Boyle.

Comment

Working...
          X