Crap Adverts, First Blood Part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Because there are a venerable slew of new ones that seem to spring up almost every few weeks.

Remember Pamela Stephenson's Sue Lawley impersonations on Not The Nine O'Clock News? Why do I hear echoes of it on that snooty woman's voice-over for Finish, that clag-clearing product, especially when she says 'Diiiiamond Standard'? Shut it, you cow.

That Matrix-influenced ad where a car designer gets karated all around the shop by clones of himself. It's humbling to know that car designers all over the world still reach a level of accomplished technical creativity while kicking seven shades of shit out of their violently-minded simulacra. Pity it's all fucking meaningless.

The Direct Line ad using the voices of Stephen Fry and Paul Merton. You get two keenly comic talents who are no slouches at writing some neat stuff themselves, stick 'em in a computer-animated advert and let 'em read completely lame arse written by a faceless and talentless company fuckwit. Well done.

Admiral. Cheap shit with a strange-sounding bloke in a crap costume. Even without the parrot, it's still wank.

I thought the car designer one was rather good. Even down to the whole we're so good we don't even need to worry about what other manufacturers do thing. Banging tune as well.

I'm with you with everythign else though, especially the Direct Line ad, "you're not very mobile for a phone"

Comment

The Direct Line one annoys me, too. Mainly because they're banging on about how cheap they are and all I'm thinking is "But how much cheaper could you be if you weren't paying these two to read these dreadful lines?"

Not much is probably the answer, but still.

Comment

My parents were horrified by the violence in the VW car ad, but they're generally horrified at the violence in anything more harcore than Doctor Who.

Comment

Working...
        X