Empire's Top 50 TV Shows Ever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Three pages? Much as i tried, this list has done its job.

Comment

And another thing, why Life on Mars and not the Sweeney?
      Never mind that, on a slightly similar but not identical theme, where the fuck's Minder, which is better than both the aforementioned.

Empire had a little spell in the early 90s when it was quite witty and entertaining, almost like Smash Hits was in the mid-80s, but those days are long gone.

No point getting too exercised by all this though is there?

Comment

Hey, E10, I've just seen the opening episode of Minder 2009 - the remake. Shane Richie plays the Arthur Daley role as "Archie Daley", with one Lex Shrapnel in the Dennis Waterman role. Imagine how bad it could be, then double it.

Comment

Eek. I've got a suitable 'Jude Law as Alfie'-esque bad vibe from that thought wingcers.

Comment

Eek. I've got a suitable 'Jude Law as Alfie'...
            Hey I'm actually fucking shit as a believable actor, but very, very, good looking. Not a lot of people know that.

Comment

wingco wrote:
              Hey, E10, I've just seen the opening episode of Minder 2009 - the remake. Shane Richie plays the Arthur Daley role as "Archie Daley", with one Lex Shrapnel in the Dennis Waterman role. Imagine how bad it could be, then double it.
              I did all that just by looking at the advert in the windows of a phone box.

E10 Rifle wrote:
              And another thing, why Life on Mars and not the Sweeney?
              Never mind that, on a slightly similar but not identical theme, where the fuck's Minder, which is better than both the aforementioned.
              Exactly

Comment

Lex Shrapnel? Any relation to John?

Comment

That list was compiled by joss wheedon's mum.

Comment

I remember a few years ago, when Entertainment Weekly had covers about how Friends was funnier than the Honeymooners and the X-Files was scarier than the Twilight Zone.

It was one of the moments I wanted to be Idi Amin, and have the whole editorial staff thrown to the alligators.

It's also when I realized these top lists aren't for high-end cultural critics to give a gift to the survivors of World War 36 to show how we lived, but it's a shitty gimmick to sell magazines. You know those online polls ? A few jerkoffs filled those out and that's how they came up with that shit.

Comment

Yeah, Empire was a decent magazine until the late '90s. Some informed copy, good humour. A lot better than the humourless Premiere. Then it turned into the movie version of Four-Four-Two.

Neon was great.

Comment

Premiere had decent industry features, though, covering the sort of thing that you couldn't really get anywhere else this side of the Atlantic.

I started reading Empire in about 92, so I had a short few years of quality reading before it went over the cliff.

Comment

Working...
                        X