Excellent SNL Short

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excellent SNL Short

This is funnier if you don't know the title before you see it.

Excellent SNL Short

You can't watch it if you're not in the US

The internet is beginning to irritate me more and more - once upon a time it was a great way of reading and watching stuff from all over the world, but increasingly (starting with the fucking BBC i-player) it's all about denying access to anyone who doesn't come from a narrow band of users. If I lived in the US I could have fucking watched this on TV, couldn't I, cunts?

Comment

Excellent SNL Short

What the fuck's that all about? Sucks. The reason I posted it was to share it with those of you outside North America who don't see Saturday Night Live on TV. There must be another way...

Comment

Excellent SNL Short

Reed of the Valley People wrote:
        What the fuck's that all about? Sucks. The reason I posted it was to share it with those of you outside North America who don't see Saturday Night Live on TV. There must be another way...
        That would actually include most of the North Americans though, Reed.

Comment

Excellent SNL Short

Yeah, Hulu has only been available to US users.

And I take it you saw that in the repeat this weekend? Funny, but rather crude, and I thought not as good as "Dick in a Box." Nice to see Jaime Lynn-Sigler again, though. Really nice.

Comment

Excellent SNL Short

My favorite digital short is "Are You There, Jah? It's Me, Ras Trent." For one thing, the song is a guaranteed earworm.

Comment

Excellent SNL Short

That would actually include most of the North Americans though, Reed.
              Many if not most Canadians can get NBC, no?
              Don't know about Mexico.

I didn't know that was a repeat. I'd not seen that episode. It was the one with John Malkovich. I enjoyed the J'accuzzi sketch too. Stupid, but funny with him playing it straight.

Of course it's crude. That's the point. Like I said, it's funnier the first time you see it and don't know the punchline going in. The lyrics in the verses are funny as parody of whole lot of pop rolled into one - a bit of Justin Timberlake, a bit of old Pet Shop Boys, a bit of Britney, etc.

Comment

Excellent SNL Short

Is this the clip you wanted to post? (apologies to those who can't access Youtube)

Comment

Excellent SNL Short

Heliotrope wrote:
                  My favorite digital short is "Are You There, Jah? It's Me, Ras Trent." For one thing, the song is a guaranteed earworm.
                  Indeed, that one was hilarious, especially when he walks by the black guys. I had to forward that to a friend that was a TA for a class on Bob Marley, and most of the students where white kids exactly like that. It was kind of like how these classes always are--"cool" subject matter treated in a serious way and a lot of context, history, etc. My friend said one day a white guy with dreads, getting annoyed, raised his hand and said "when are we just going to listen to Bob?"

Comment

Excellent SNL Short

Yes, Johanista, that's the one. Thanks.

Comment

Excellent SNL Short

Reed of the Valley People wrote:
                      I didn't know that was a repeat. I'd not seen that episode. It was the one with John Malkovich. I enjoyed the J'accuzzi sketch too. Stupid, but funny with him playing it straight.
                      It was their last episode before Christmas, which is why I was surprised to see it repeated so soon.

This has really been the year of Kristen Wiig. It's great to see a woman doing so many crazy and goofy things in sketches, and especially on SNL, to get featured often. I thought Maya Rudolph and Rachel Dratch were great, but they didn't get used enough. Wiig and Fred Armisen are the best people on there now.

Comment

Working...
                      X