Lost season 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost season 5

There wasn't a new episode last week over here, either, but it was just for one week. New ones start again this week, and I hope I can remember what's what--it's kind of hard keeping track now, between the island, the Oceanic 6, Tunisia... Hell, I had trouble keeping up between 1974 and 1977 when watching "Lafleur."

Comment

Lost season 5

I'm increasingly seeing some of these episodes as being like Marvel comics 'What if...?' one-offs.
      Being written/produced by comic book writers may have something to do with that. Unless you meant to imply that with your statement, then this comment is entirely superfluous...

Comment

Lost season 5

Brian Vaughan writes the main Lost episodes now, I really enjoy them. Anyone still watching? Loved the Raiders-type episode, a lot better than that last Indiana Jones movie.

BTW has anyone read Y:The Last Man by Vaughan?

Comment

Lost season 5

I think this season has been superb

the raiders episode i take it being

spoiler

where ben speaks to his dead daughter
          end spoiler*********************

Comment

Lost season 5

In the absence of an episode on sunday, I watched the 'Adventures of the Oceanic 6' thing on Sky.

**********I SUPPOSE THERE ARE SOME MILD SPOILERS IN HERE IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN MUCH OF SEASON 5 , BUT THEN WHAT ARE YOU DOING ON A SEASON 5 THREAD, YOU FUCKWIT?*************

It was useful revision/reminding of things I'd forgotten (e.g. that Sayeed's missus got killed which was what led him to be Ben's hired gun-a motivation entirely absent from the Sayeed episode the other week).

But two things struck me in particular:

1) it isn't anything like as dramatic seeing these events in chronological order

2) the chronological order underlined how weak 1 or 2 plot twists in the off-island/return to island seasons have been. Best example is Jack and Kate playing house with Baby Aaron, which is undone by Jack getting all beardy and pilled up. Since the bairn is his nephew and he generally plays Mr Responsible/dutiful, it seems unlikely to me that he'd just leave it with Kate and do his own thing.

Similarly Kate's decision to return to the island is out of keeping with everything else she does in the intervening 3 years, and nothing particularly traumatic happened that convinced me that she was really convinced.

Amusing to see, again chronologically, how 'sweaty Kate' as the messageboards called her, goes all shampoo model for 3 years but manages to transform back into scruffy and frizzy-haired in time for the return flight!

Comment

Lost season 5

First time I've read this thread and a couple of comments that I really picked up on. Matej (I think) described it as enjoyable nonsense. I have also used these exact words to describe it! The other point was the comic book style narrative. Until I read this thread, I had no idea that it was written by comic guys but while I was reading through the Marvel Comics wiki database, following up on some x-men plotlines I abandoned in the past, I was struck by how the development and evolution of the core mythology is very similar to that in Lost.

One thing I often wonder when watching the programme is which plot devices have been planned from the start and which have been 'retconned'. For example, I think Jacob is one that has emerged as the series has developed.

Comment

Lost season 5

Anyone else watch the end of season 5? What a tease eh?

Comment

Lost season 5

i did and thought it was brilliant

i will add, yes the jacob thing was made up in season 3.

Comment

Lost season 5

Having rewatched the pilot episode (a bit mental I admit) and Jacob may have been mentioned during a game of backgammon!

My main point though is that some US-types keep mentioning that in the very first seen there is something in the scene with Jack (or is it on the beach) that references Season 5. Does anyone know what it is?

It's really annoying me, beginning of episode 1 here:

Maybe it's how the next season will start or how it will end. I'm not sure but i've always had this theory that the story is circular and will jsut go back to the beginning again.

Comment

Lost season 5

found it

thanks new advanced search utility

Comment

Working...
                      X