Tom Cruise to feature in remake of "Red Dwarf"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This film would have been better made with unknown German actors speaking German dialogue.

And most probably have lost half the worldwide audience that its makers intended to gain.

A good idea, but mainstream Hollywood wouldn't even contemplate it. In that world, preferably when it's foreign criminal types involved in the story (just waiting to be punched out by Vin Diesel), subtitles occur for only a moment before they speak in English accents (heavily accented) for the rest of the film.

Comment

ian.64 wrote:
      This film would have been better made with unknown German actors speaking German dialogue.

And most probably have lost half the worldwide audience that its makers intended to gain.

A good idea, but mainstream Hollywood wouldn't even contemplate it.
      You sure about that?

Comment

Kurt Mondschein wrote:
        The film is getting quite good reviews in Germany. Few historical mistakes (the most important one: Stauffenberg only turned against the war when it was lost in about 1941, so his opposition was one to avoid total defeat or create a better moral starting point for post-war Germany).
        This was true for most of the german opposition to Hitler, to be fair. There were various conspiracies to try to remove Hitler in 1938, but once Chamberlain caved at Munich that went by the wayside. It only started up again really in 1942. Even on the civilian side, the work of the Kreisau Circle didn't get going until then.

The historical consultant on the film was my old German history prof from McGill, who literally wrote the book on both the German opposition generally and on von Stauffenberg in particular. I'm not surprised it's done well on the accuracy front.

Comment

You sure about that?

Ah, my posture now reverts to the type labelled 'stand corrected'.

Comment

Working...
          X