24/7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

24/7

Jack's back tonight. Looking forward to it. It's nonsense of course - how can the same shit keep happening to the same guy? Keeps me watching though.

24/7

What did you think, gt3?

As politically dodgy as always, but still very watchable.

And saved you a nil thread, too...

Comment

24/7

Cheers KC! Yup - as dodgy as ever, but has got me hooked for the next 22 weeks. Not sure where they're taking Jack's character though. Is he just going to be the terrier on a leash used to scare people - the one who's prepared to compromise all that he is for the greater good, or are they going to let him develop a bit more? Let's not forget, Audrey's still in China...

Comment

24/7

Oh, I had forgotten all about Audrey and her long face. Surely Sec of Defence Heller would have sorted that by now, being her Dad and all? Anyway, looks like Jack has forgotten all about her too.

Tony's voice has become ever more ridiculous, though, which is a good thing. Speak up, Tone!

Comment

24/7

Audrey is not in China. She came back at the end of the last season.

Keep up lads.
          Jack is so PC we should all boycott this show on principle.
          But he is the hardest man on TV by a fucking mile. Anyone who can kill his old man and torture his brother and the President is not to be messed with.

Comment

24/7

Chuck Norris is Jack Bauer's bitch.

Comment

24/7

Addictive and stupid as ever - though they already seem to be cranking up the shifty political stuff. This'll be the first series I've ever watched week-by-week, so it remains to be seen whether I'll give up half-way through - I wish they'd just put up 2 hours at a time.

The female FBI data-analyst is no Chloe O'Brien, that much is clear.

Comment

24/7

TMA -I watched the first and second series in weekly instalments and it was ok - frustrating but do-able.

Yeah the shifty politics is maybe going to be more important than previously.

TG - yes, of course you're right, she did didn't she?!

I think Chloe may be coming back into it.

Comment

24/7

Well, there was another two episodes on last night, so it seems like they are showing two at a time. Hurrah.

**spoilers**

Chloe was indeed back - and Bill Buchanon too, looking smart as ever. The two of them are now apparently running CTU undercover on their own, from a single room, making you wonder why they used to bother with that whole team of analysts.

And so far, no-one's managed to get any information out of anyone without resorting to violence. Good old 24...

Oh, and if I was planning to break a couple of guys out of an FBI building, I think I'd pick something a little more discreet than a big, bright blue van. Sort it out, Bill.

**end of spoilers**

Comment

24/7

That is the appeal of 24, the total outlandish plot twists, the initial babby in the first half dozen episodes who turns out to be a pawn for the real baddies who later reveal themselves.

The "if mindless violence is not enough, then torture is usually the answer".

Every series of 24 contains elements of shifty politics. Now we have the US administration blackmailed by some two-bit Third world dictator with a really terrible African accent that would embarrass Jim Davidson.
                    The plot has been telegraphed somewhat, which would mean that there will be a plot twist after a dozen or so episides.

Bill Buchannon has a terribly dyed blonde thing on his head.

What makes this show so compelling is its fast pace and excellent acting by Keither Sutherland who i have noticed plays Jack Baur in all his recent films too like the Sentinel and Mirrors.

Comment

24/7

Right, after starting season one late last year, I am finally up-to-date (watched hour 8 of this season last night).

Now I'm annoyed as I don't have any more episodes until next week.

Comment

24/7

I was on the blower to a friend of mine today who opined that with any 24 series, it's only necessary to see the first two episodes and then the final two. All that passes in between is a shoal of red herrings, for the most part.

Of course, they'd have to call it "4" then.

Comment

24/7

Ah, but the 20 hours of red herring material *is* the show. The storyline is mostly incidental, and just exists as something to hang the slick set-pieces and plot twists on.

It's just a very immersive, compelling show while you're watching it, and not that much more.

Comment

24/7

The problem I have with it is that there's always something missing when Jack isn't on screen.

He has got 'acting like his mind is constantly working away' down to a tee now has Mr Sutherland...

Comment

24/7

I feel sorry for Colonel Dubaku when Jack gets his hands on him.
                              Also that pretty looking freckle-faced lady seems to be turning into a Jack clone before our very eyes.
                              He bossboyfriend looks like Neil Morrissey.

Comment

24/7

*** POSSIBLE SPOILERS (Hour 10) ***

Well that was possibly the most telegraphed plot development ever. Could Jack have said "it's over now" any more times? I don't think he could.

Andy why am I attracted to President Taylor's daughter? She's got something about her, she really has...

*** POSSIBLE SPOILERS (Hour 10) ***

Comment

24/7

Heh, the plotline get more and more ridiculous.
                                  Only 24 can get away with this and Jack just seems to get harder and harder.

There have been classic hard man exchanges.

President, "Jack, how can i know i can trust you".

Jack, " with all due respect madam president.... ask around".

Comment

24/7

Anyone still watching? I think we're three quarters of the way through now.

I've just worked out where I recognised (ex) chief of staff Ethan from - he was the crazy prison warden in The Shawshank Redemption.

**SPOILERS**

They finally killed off Bill Buchanon before his hair got any more ridiculous (it seemed a bit too easy for a few armed blokes to take control of the Whitehouse, but who knows). Larry Moss is now one of the good guys, the president's daughter has stabbed Ethan in the back to become the chief of staff, and we've got some Blackwater-lite private firm, Starkwood, in control of biological weapons (lead by the brilliantly evil Jonas Hodges).

Oh, and Jack's dying from toxic exposure (after his god-knows-how-many-eth jump on to a moving lorry), but won't get in touch with his daughter for a shot at being cured.

Comment

24/7

Umm... So this is it then. Hour 22 was fucking brilliant, but this has been a pretty tired season overall (and probably a good thing it's done and dusted).

I'm avoiding the supposed movie that's in the pipeline. It will be pointless and shit.

Comment

24/7

Best line in the final series is when some low down analyst ask's, "who's Jack Baur" and they all look at him like he's a total numpty.

Hour 23 and 24 were good too.

Comment

24/7

Jack wearing this to kidnap Logan:

Fuck, yeah.

Comment

Working...
                                          X