Australian Border Security

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was a bit annoyed that i can't watch the Apprentice, but I just came home from the pub to see another version of Cunt TV. They just sent a czech guy back to prague, because he smelt bad. That's it. he had a visa, he had paid his hotel bills, there was nothing wrong, but he 'smelt bad' and the australian border police sent him back on national tv.

This is how they treat australian citizens:

It is one of Australia's most popular TV programs.... everyone supposedly gets great satisfaction from watching the Chinese visitor get fined $200 for bringing in a jar of pickled cabbage, or the smelly Czech backpacker sent back to where he came from. Two or three stories that would take about 10 minutes to narrate are strung out into half an hour of tedium.

As for the smelly Czech, I'm glad I didn't have to sit next to him on the flight. People adopt some strange behaviour patterns whilst flying.. I once sat next to an Israeli who did not go to the toilet once during a 12 hour flight between Heathrow and Singapore...

And if the behaviour of the Australian customs officers at Sydney seems a bit authoritarian, it is no worse than the arrogance and surliness exhibited by British customs and immigration staff at Heathrow....

Comment

Working...
    X