Tintin film adaptations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tintin film adaptations

Anyone read the novel 'Tintin in The New World' by Frederic Tuten? I read it when it came out around '93, remember enjoying it, but couldn't tell you a thing about it now.

Comment

Tintin film adaptations

All I remember is that he gets laid.

Comment

Tintin film adaptations

Haven't read that WOM.

AG, Le Petit Moulinsart in Montreal isin the Old Town on St-Paul just below Notre-Dame basilica, good place to stop for a Belgian Beer or a waterzooi in winter.

http://www.ramboliweb.com/HTML/info.asp?InfoID=1646

Tubby, Tintin au Pays des Soviets was the other early one. Yes indeed Hergé's politics are not that easy to pigeon-hole, certainly a lot of gross period colonialism but also some criticism of things like western arms trade in Latin America and the treatment of Native Americans in the US (which are shown shoved aside to make room for new cities and natural resource exploration).

Comment

Tintin film adaptations

Hmm. Though in the same book Native Americans themselves are displayed as dumb, superstitious and violent.

I'll have to give that Moulinsart a try next time I'm in town, Linus.

Comment

Tintin film adaptations

It will be good see you there AG.

If anyone else is coming through Montreal, give me a holler.

Comment

Tintin film adaptations

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ch%C3%A2teau_de_Cheverny
              Well worth a visit, the next time you're in the Loire darlings.

Comment

When I was young, I came across a couple of interesting books in the local library, which were adaptations of Tintin movies that had been made in France. These are 'Tintin and the Mystery of the Golden Fleece' (1961) and 'Tintin and the Blue Oranges' (1964) although I don't think either has ever been shown on British TV.

Comment

Working...
                X