Should have had better careers?

John Sparkes.

Comment

Jerry Sadowitz

Comment

Cavalry Trouser Tips wrote:
        I think Danny Baker deserves a mention here. One of the most intelligent, quick-witted broadcasting talents ever and among most of my mates, he's the annoying twat who fronted football blooper videos and Pets Win Prizes.
        Of course, the ultimate example. The best broadcaster in the country.

Comment

Ray Liotta from the world of film. Turns up now and then in a cameo in a good film/TV show or as a star turn in a load of rubbish.

Comment

Stumpy Pepys wrote:
            Jerry Sadowitz
            Excellent example. He's an unbelievable magician as well as a great comedian though I accept that material is not for everybody.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=fyZsHGmttR0

Jerry starts 3.57 in. Couldn't find anything else with him on.

Take that Gary Glitter.

Comment

He's not exactly a straight-up comedian as such, but I'm amazed Mark Heap isn't on more stuff than he is, especially as some of his some-time colleagues like Simon Pegg have been everywhere.

Heap's "Mr Lizard" performance in that sketch on Jam is one of the most disconcertingly and intensely brilliant pieces of comic acting I've ever seen.

Comment

Yeah but Pegg's a writer, that's a bit different. Heap's done a fair bit of good stuff: the mighty Love Soup and a great guest spot on Skins. But his big role this year was in super-comfy period drama Lark Rise to Candleford, which you'd be forgiven for missing.

Comment

Eggchaser wrote:
                  Ray Liotta from the world of film. Turns up now and then in a cameo in a good film/TV show or as a star turn in a load of rubbish.
                  Wow, a name I recognize.

Stop bringing the thread down, Eggchaser.

Comment

Harri Saer wrote:
                    Jimmy Bignutz wrote:
                    4. Sean Lock, with reference to one particular programme.
                    'Fifteen Stories High'? I loved that show whenever I managed to penetrate the fog of secrecy the BBC generated about it existing.
                    It's out on DVD you know, Harri. I'd never heard of it until my best mate made me watch the first series with him about... oh, early this year sort of time. I'm very glad he did.

Comment

David Thewlis. An exceptional turn in Life Is Sweet, an impressive lead in Naked (though Johnny was far from one of Mike Leigh's best characters), then... regular work, going by his IMDB page, but very little to raise him into the realms of public consciousness, except for the Potter movies.

Comment

He married Anna Friel, played a nazi alongside Brad Pitt, worked with Marlon Brando and was the funniest nihilist in The Big Lebowski, which is not bad going.

I think he had a novel published last year too: a timely satire of the 1990s YBAs. Take that, Hirst!

Comment

He's not a nihilist. He's a video artist.

Comment

He has sympathies. You can tell.

Comment

Shaun Micallef. Appeared on Channel Four on his brief series. Made me laugh like a drain. Disappeared.
                              Micallef has had a number of vehicles here in australia over the yers, some funnier than others. I agree he's generally very funny.

Here's one of his older sketches starring one of his favourite characters, Milo Kerrigan

Comment

Roy and HG.

Who I loved to watch and listen to when I lived in Australia. The only thing I ever saw them on in the UK was doing guest spots on Ben Elton's BBC show, where -- out of context -- they didn't work at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X