Most Annoying 'Groovy' Young Male Presenter On TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hang on, isn't Russell Kane one of the ones I made up?

Oh wait, no, apparently he's real.

Comment

Yeah, he's the one with the hair and the leather ja... oh.

Comment

Not sure he qualifies as he is probably from a different generation to the aforementioned reprobates but that Vernon Kay needs a good fucking slap. He may be affable enough as a TV host but as a DJ he's an obnoxious twat (not sure if he still does his thing on Radio 1 by virtue of me not caring).

Comment

Russell Kane is a lovely bloke, originally from Southend but I won't hold that against him.

I think the problem with successful young stand ups (Kane, Howard and Kirshen) is that TV is not really sure what to do with them and they end up being shoved onto any available format that needs a trendy-ish, young, relatively attractive presenter.

Russell Howard has been massively successful on the back of "Mock The Week" but I can't believe he's doing a gig at Wembley Arena, still it's easy to under estimate the size of the teenage to early twenties market (who else would go to see "Little Britain Live"?), and anything that taps into that will do very well.

Comment

Hang on, he actually IS doing Wembley Arena? I thought whoever said that was having a larf.

Comment

Not a subject I would ever joke about SR, you should know that.

Comment

The Horse wrote:
                Yeah, George Lamb is a couple of levels above the competition here.
                Hence the joke, why does George Lamb wear a bow tie?

So that even the deaf can tell he's a cunt.

Comment

I am actually one of the Russell's sitting back stage at a gig reading your debate. How annoying am I - getting in on a debate about me. That's well annoying. What a cockwad.

Comment

I was really bored after work and tried to figure that one out, gambling that we have an actual minor celeb in our mist and not someone trying to be funny. Unfortunately both Russells were in gigs tonight, Howard in Kings Lynn, Kane at The Comedy Store. But pulling on my deerstalker I'm gonna guess at Kane, basically cos I haves feeling that, sitting opposite Michael McIntyre 2 or 3 times a season on Mock The Week, Mr. Howard might have wanted to join that thread, particularly as he's got a mention or two there as well.

Comment

but (the admittedly lovely) Caron Keating (RIP) was.
                      When did she die?

Comment

ian.64 wrote:
                        Russell Howard's actually fine on Mock the Week whenever I see him, but then I'm wondering if he's the only kind of comedian who shines on carefully-edited panel quiz shows yet is a duffer when seen on any recorded one-man stand-up outing.

I've never seen the rest, which means I must be doing something right.
                        Yeah, I had to sit through his newest 90 min DVD and it was appalling, really boring.

And yeah, I have never heard of any of the others.

Comment

George Lamb acts like he has the charisma, sophistication and class of Charles Aznavour, which is a shame considering he's got no personality. Even his "ironic" wearing of v-neck jumpers, undone ties and slip-ons with no socks falls flat, and makes him look like a teacher trying to be trendy.

The rest I've never heard of, although a google image search shows one of the Russells. And his best hope of being seen as funny is to take a leaf out of Lamb's book, and find someone who personifies incompetence. Zeze Ifore's shot her bolt, so he might just have to hope Lee Hurst's not dead.

Comment

Sir Fartle wrote:
                            but (the admittedly lovely) Caron Keating (RIP) was.
                            When did she die?
                            13 April 2004

Comment

russellindisguise wrote:
                              I am actually one of the Russell's sitting back stage at a gig reading your debate. How annoying am I - getting in on a debate about me. That's well annoying. What a cockwad.
                              Hahahaha

I hope it's Russell Kane. As a fan of CSI, I like Russell Kane.

The one I hate most is the one with the big face who deadpans his way through T4, trying desperately to be Steve Jones, but not managing it.

Comment

I would like to throw Nick Grimshaw in.

They are training new ones as well...
                                "Flash" Louis

Comment

Steve Jones is the biggest ball bag of them all.

Comment

Russell Howard has been massively successful on the back of "Mock The Week" but I can't believe he's doing a gig at Wembley Arena, still it's easy to under estimate the size of the teenage to early twenties market (who else would go to see "Little Britain Live"?), and anything that taps into that will do very well.

I have a 30-year-old work colleague who's seen his stand-up show twice in the last year, and thought it was fantastic.

She's in love with him now, which is quite annoying.

Comment

Harri Saer wrote:
                                      Not a subject I would ever joke about SR, you should know that.
                                      Quite right. Comedy's no laughing matter.

I agree with Loppy about Vernon Kay. He's such a fucking cockhead. And he was (mercifully briefly) so ubiquitous that I actually know who he is. With the exception of Russell Howard I don't know who the others are, although I'm sure I'd recognise them if I saw their faces.

Just lately the idiot presenting that celebrity hairdressing programme on the BBC has been the most annoying for me (I saw bits of this because they kept putting repeats of it on BBC 2 late at night when they should have switched to the BBC News channel), but then I never watch any of the C4 network's 'yoof' output or, indeed, very much else that isn't football, the odd panel show like Have I Got News For You or QI, or news.

Comment

I could become a full-time writer. I'd love to write a book one day. But my photo on the sleeve might still be annoying.

Comment

Quasar in Waltham Abbey?

Comment

George Lamb must die.
                                            That is the rightest thing ever written on OTF

Comment

russellindisguise wrote:
                                              I could become a full-time writer. I'd love to write a book one day. But my photo on the sleeve might still be annoying.
                                              Sounds like it could be a book that you can judge by it's cover.

Comment

I'd go for this gobshite

Rick Edwards.

Catch him on t4 now!!!

Comment

And the contents.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X