Throw out your video recorders...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...for the last reason to own one has disappeared.

Absolutely is being released on DVD.

yes, but will it be available on Blu-ray?

"Come to STONEYBRIDGE... its got a stony bridge."

Comment

All four series? Superb.

Comment

Seriously, does anyone still use their VCR?

I only keep mine to view one of the few films that I have that hasn't been released on DVD...

The Vindicator.

Its crap, but I like it.

Comment

My reasons for keeping the vcr are:

1) It's the only way to see my (small) collection of favourite films, which are all on tape.

2) My cats ike to sleep on top of it.

3) One day it will be valuable.

However:

(3) no; (2) they will die one day soon; (1) get yourself a bloody dvd player you lazy sod.

Comment

I'm still trying to buy back my VHS titles on DVD. I only need The Running Man, Demolition Man, Passenger 57 and the first four Batman films to complete the lot.

I won't be doing the same for BluRay though. I'll probably buy Star Wars (when it inevitably comes out), Star Trek (films and TV shows) and Blade Runner and a few newer titles. It'll be too expensive anyway as I have over 200 DVDs as it is...

Comment

Does anyone have a link to advice on converting your VHS stuff to DVD, by the way? I'm going to have to start doing this soon.

Comment

My two and a half-year old got a rude introduction to the limitations of VCRs last weekend at his grandparents'. He asked to watch his Baby Einstein movie in French rather than English. It took four of us to (in)adequately explain that 'choice of language' was only for dvds, and that this was a tape, and that tapes don't do that, etc etc. Poor bugger didn't have a chance.

But we keep our VCR for taking movies out of the library. Their collection is massive but virtually unused, so we have the run of the place.

Comment

Converting from VHS to DVD is easy if you have all the right kit, impossible if you don't. Unfortunately, the right kit is expensive / fiddly to set up.

Shame for me - I have about 100 old video tapes full of great stuff which are slowly rotting in my upstairs room.

Comment

erwin wrote:

My reasons for keeping the vcr are:

1) It's the only way to see my (small) collection of favourite films, which are all on tape.

*snigger*

Comment

Nishlord wrote:
                      Does anyone have a link to advice on converting your VHS stuff to DVD, by the way? I'm going to have to start doing this soon.
                      I've got a DVD recorder, and just by connecting the two via a scart lead, I was able to record onto DVD with good results.

Comment

Working...
                      X