Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Righteous Kill

is shit.

I wasn't expecting much but the film really stank. At 96 minutes it felt way way too long.

Righteous Kill

Who was worse, De Niro or Pacino?

Comment

Righteous Kill

De Niro. Pacino wasn't too bad, he didn't SHOUT at RANDOM TIMES too much.

Comment

Righteous Kill

I read one review somewhere which said the opposite, although somewhat bizzarely, the reviewer's beef with Pacino seemed to centre on how rough he's looking these days rather than how good/bad he was in the film.
        Finding it hard to remember the last time either of them put in a decent performance, to be honest.

Comment

Righteous Kill

Haven't seen it, but the name is poo and it seems like they've nicked the plot from Dexter and changed it a bit.

Comment

Righteous Kill

Having not seen it, I can't really comment on it all that much, but it seems a banal, same-old same-old scenario to place both De Niro and Pacino. Two cops on the trail of a serial killer. It's a one-line capsule comment you'd find on the telly pages of a newspaper.

Couldn't they have found a better framework in which to place two still-pretty-good marquee names?

Comment

Righteous Kill

I don't understand what motivated them to do this film. I mean they both must get tons of offers of scripts. Why do something that is as tedious as this? Why not do something that interests them? I don't think they even made megamoney out of it to excuse them.

Pacino does look rough but it looks right on the character. Well, it did to me. He's meant to be a wise veteran detective, he looks the part and plays it ok but isn't given a lot to work with. The only thing out of the ordinary is the depiction of the female cop and her penchants.

Comment

Righteous Kill

I don't understand what motivated them to do this film. I mean they both must get tons of offers of scripts. Why do something that is as tedious as this? Why not do something that interests them? I don't think they even made megamoney out of it to excuse them.

The only answers I can come up with is that Pacino and De Niro - I suppose - wanted to work together that badly they chose what they probably thought was the best of a bad lot to appear in. Or their agents did a pretty good job of flogging it to them. And De Niro's now a businessman with a company, a restaurant and an arts centre to take care of. He needs the sheckles a bit more than Pacino, I'd wager. And his wayward CV, drifting to all points of the genre compass (sometimes to ill effect) means that his true days of making the kind of character-based 'event' picture (the kind that Daniel Day Lewis now undertakes) are now rare ones.

Comment

Working...
                X