Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blade Runner 2007 Directors Cut

How many of you have seen this?

I got the five disc DVD set in the VK briefcase for Christmas and have been watching it religiously since. I still haven't got through all the supplements but what I've seen so far has been top notch.

Blade Runner is my all time favorite all time movie of all time, so you can imagine how chuffed I was when this set came out.

The 2007 directors cut isn't that much different from the '92 cut except that it has a few extended scenes and some of the effects and inconsistencies are cleared up. The 2007 version really is the best version out there in terms of quality. It feels like you're watching a completed version (whereas, with the '92 cut you got the feeling that it was cobbled together quickly).

Haven't watched the other versions (workprint, international cut, theatrical cut, '92 cut) yet but I did manage to get a good look at the making of documentary which clocks in at over three hours. Amazing.

Did you know Dustin Hoffman was Sir Ridleys original choice for Deckard?

As you saved me from Zero reply thread hell, SF, I will repay the favour - also Bladerunner is so damned fine.

This has been on my Christmas list since we got a DVD player - and still my dear lady wife ignores me and buys me new socks or disgusting lotions and potions instead.

Still the only film to make me feel giddy in the swoop and scope - I used to enjoy driving through Middlesborough on the A19 at night imagining Ridley Scott looking at the chemical works for his inspiration. In fact any chemical works at night always reminds me of Bladerunner. (Ludswighaven must be the daddy for that)

One day my damn family will buy me this.(the dvd not Ludswighaven)

Comment

I got the Blu-Ray version with my PS3 but I haven't got around to watching it yet. I mainly got it for the features than the cut itself, though.

Comment

Comment

Ginger Yellow wrote:
          I got the Blu-Ray version with my PS3 but I haven't got around to watching it yet. I mainly got it for the features than the cut itself, though.
          Well, the making of documentary is over three hours long and the supplements disc contains another three hours worth of featurettes along with the usual press kit guff from 1982.

It pretty much blows the Alien Quadrilogy set out of the water for features...

You should check out the workprint. Warner Bros have remastered it as best they can and its pretty interesting to watch.

Comment

Saw the new(est) version at the Uptown Theater in Washington a few months back. Ace.

Comment

Wow, a picture really is worth a few thousand words.

Comment

The jet of flame shooting into the night sky and the synth flourish from Mr.Papathanssiou is one of the finest pieces of cinema of all time.

Comment

Working...
                X