Jim Bowen died 2018
    Dave Atkins died 2008

Cheerful thread.

Comment

Morbid stuff

Comment

Feel free to ignore it.

Comment

Coincidence, or was it filmed somewhere with health risks - like the Conqueror- filmed in the radioactive fallout from the Manhattan Project and rumoured to be the cause of John Wayne's cancer ?

Comment

With June Whitfield no longer with us, pretty much all the cast of Terry and June is now gone (including the folk you barely remember).
            Last edited by Stumpy Pepys; 07-01-2019, 09:00.

Comment

Rather tragically, most of the main cast of Diff'rent Strokes are now sadly no longer with us.

Comment

Last of the Summer Wine seems an obvious nomination.

Comment

The four leads of The Golden Girls are down to one. Dorothy's ex-husband Stanley is long dead, as is Rose's boyfriend Miles, Sophia's brother and sister, and the actor who played Dorothy's father in flashbacks,

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Yellow View Post
                    Last of the Summer Wine seems an obvious nomination.
                    From the 1980s cast Glenda, Barry, Howard, Pearl and Marina are all still alive. Some of these were younger characters - Sarah Thomas who played Glenda is still only 66.

Comment

For fuck sake? Really?

A thread utterly about how many dead people once appeared in a TV programme?

It's got to be Jasmine Bligh. Unfortunately. (Continuity announcer. Google her.)

So, that's 100%, over a LONG time.

*Oh, and fuck off, this thread. (Who's left in Blake's 7. and has anyone done that yet?)

Comment

I imagine The Raccoons are probably all dead, regardless of whether their forest was destroyed or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerontophile View Post
                          Who's left in Blake's 7. and has anyone done that yet?
                          I think they're all alive, bar Jacqueline Pearce, David Jackson and Gareth Thomas.

Comment

I reckon that most of them in Threads will have carked it by now.

Comment

"Are You Being Served"
                              "Porridge"

Or are they seventies?

Comment

Seventies unfortunately.

A few of the Porridge cast are still going - McLaren, Lukewarm, Ingrid.
                                Last edited by Nocturnal Submission; 10-01-2019, 08:42.

Comment

Potter.

Comment

Is that another living member of the Porridge cast or an '80s TV series?

Back to Porridge, Blanco and Spraggon are also still going, of course.

Interesting factoid of the day, if only to me. John Dair, who played Crusher, was the Roman emperor character in the Relax video.

Comment

"Potter" was the thing with Arthur Lowe in it.

Or were you joking?

Comment

No, I wasn't sure. Never heard of it, I'm afraid.

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post
                                          Interesting factoid of the day, if only to me. John Dair, who played Crusher, was the Roman emperor character in the Relax video.
                                          Not sure I remember Crusher. Was he one of Harry Grout's two henchmen?

Comment

Yup.

If you remember the episode where Godber's forthcoming release is being threatened by a dispute with another prisioner, who, in a noble attempt to protect his cellmate, Fletcher then tries to initiate a fight with via a joke about his wife, which the other prisioner unexpectedly finds funny and then tell to another prisioner who doesn't, well, he, the last prisioner, is Crusher!

Comment

Would that make him the only sitcom actor who has appeared naked in a pop video?
                                              Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 10-01-2019, 11:51.

Comment

From memory I think he was wearing a toga, which alone might him unique, unless Frankie Howerd reprised Lurcio in a crisp advert or something.
                                                Last edited by Nocturnal Submission; 10-01-2019, 13:34.

Comment

Are You Being Served lasted into the 1980s so it sort of counts.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X