Californication and Life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Californication and Life

Californication, with David Duchovny, starts here next week. The trailer looks great, suggesting a cult kind of show. But it's on at a very inconvenient time, and taping it might be problematic.

So, anyone seen it? Is it as good as it looks?

And has anyone have an opinion about Life? I watched the firs episodes, and was mildly intrigued. Missed the second, and didn't feel too bad about it. But does it get better?

Californication and Life

I thought Californication was brilliant. The first episode has as astonishing number of breasts in it, which is clearly brilliant in itself but missells the show. As it goes on, it boils down to a sweet story about a philanderer who's realising that his hedonistic lifestyle isn't really what he wants, and that he'd like to set up home again with his daughter and ex-wife, but has left it too late. (Or has he?) Duchovny is irresistibly charming and his chemistry with Natascha McElhone (as the ex) means you desperately want him to win her back, even as he's repeatedly fucking things up. All this is interspersed with blasts of astonishing filthiness. ("She's gonna blow!") You'll love it.

Comment

Californication and Life

What I've seen of it has been fantastic. Worth the effort.

Comment

Californication and Life

Yeah, it sounds like I will love it. There is a line in the trailer that is not new, but not what you expect to hear in a TV show: "I might not go down in history, but I'd go down on our daughter" (or wife, whatever).

Comment

Californication and Life

Yeah, he doesn't actually go so far as shagging his own daughter, but lines of that general ilk are very much the norm.

Comment

Californication and Life

Life is an excellent show. I started a thread about it back on the dark ages board. It builds and builds, and every episode feeds into something later.

Damien Lewis is awesome in it. (And the supporting cast is very good... and Deadwood alum heavy.)

Comment

Californication and Life

The one episode I've seen happens to have been the "She's gonna blow" episode. If it's any indication of the overall series, I'd recommend it.

His participation in this, as well as the Red Shoe Diaries, leads me to believe that David is likely the sort of chap to have approached the lovely Mrs Duchovny (Tea Leone) with a couple of recreational ideas she'd not normally have had on her own.

Comment

Californication and Life

My, the first episode of Californication was fantastic. The scene where the daughter walks into Duchovny's bedroom to find a naked woman and announced to her father that the woman had no hair on her vagina, and attributed that to a health problem had me almost spitting my wine all over the sofa.

I've now missed two episodes of Life, so i fear I won't know what's going on. Wait for the DVD set, I suppose.

Comment

Working...
                X