The funniest film this year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The funniest film this year

I am talking, of course, of Teen Titans go to the Movies. If you haven't already seen it, you must go asap. I am seriously thinking of going again. I had high hopes for it, having always loved the series on Cartoon Network. I am still laughing at some of the jokes days later. And it's not funny like some of those PIXAR films that layer in extra jokes for the adults. It's just plain funny. You don't need to have seen Teen Titans Go to like it. I think anyone can enjoy it, you don't need to be a big superhero film fan. The closest thing I can compare it in terms of script and general sensibility is The Lego Movie - fun for everyone. However, I do feel sorry for the normal punter in a way because, if you are a comic fan, you are going to get so much more out of it. I got loads of references but there's probably a shitload that I didn't get too. It also isn't precious about how shit some of the DC films have been and really takes the piss at times.

Just seen it. It's great. My daughter loves the TV series and so do I.

The last line gave me the biggest laugh I've had in a long time.

Why does DC do animation so well and make such a grimdark pig's ear of the films? I saw the trailer for the new Titans TV series, Jesus, it was so dark and gritty I thought it was the 90s. The only reason I knew it wasn't was that I could see their feet.

Comment

"Why does DC do animation so well and make such a grimdark pig's ear of the films?"

Yes, Eggchaser. I thought the exact same thing coming out of the cinema. As far as the Titans TV series is concerned, I haven't seen the trailer but I know it's part of the DC Universe streaming online service that they intend to launch very soon. In one place you'll get all of the DC animated stuff, plus the films and some new live action series, such as Titans but also Doom Patrol and Swamp Thing. Plus you get a digital archive of DC Comics too.

This is the way TV is going. Super-fragmented. I think Disney is launching its own streaming service soon too so I'm guessing they will be pulling all of the Marvel/Fox/Star Wars content from Netflix et al.

Comment

Working...
      X