Brass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brass

I just bought my Dad the box set (all three series) of Brass on DVD. I'm pretty chuffed.

Initially I was looking at some kind of motorsport DVD, but I know he liked Brass so hopefully he'll enjoy that more.

Personally, I loved the first two series and feel that it is now kind of a 'lost classic' of 80s British sitcoms. In particular, I think it was a masterpiece of casting - a real ensemble work. Thus, it was even more of a shame that that cast was dismantled somewhat for the third series - it was never quite the same.

I still chuckle every time I remember that it was set in a Lancashire town called Utterly.

Anyone else remember it and worship it as I do?

Brass

Loved it. But I don't remember a third series at all. Sounds like I should be happy about that.

Comment

Brass

Heh! Somehow I knew you would be one of the only ones to respond to this thread, G.O.

I wouldn't say the third series is bad, but... well, imagine Baldrick and Percy being played by other actors in the last series of Blackadder - it would be a simiar effect.

Comment

Brass

A dim, distant yet entertaining memory, nicely played by Timothy West and that woman, Caroline Somebody, who turned up on Return Of The Jedi afterwards.

There's not enough pisstakes of Period Costume drama nowadays for my liking.

Comment

Brass

Bradley Hardacre: Times are hard. I've had to lay men off at the crutch factory. It's only the standing order from Oldham Athletic that keeps it going.

Comment

Brass

I loved the fact that the mother of the Fairchild family had a job working from home: putting peas in their pods and gluing them shut, ready for them to be hung on the ...errr, vine(?).

Comment

Brass

Bradley Hardacre grumbling after a cave-in at one of his mines:

"Tut - three days they've been down there now and I bet they haven't dug out a ha'poeth of coal!"

Comment

Brass

Yes, a great comedy from ITV.

Now there's a sentence you don't hear much.

Comment

Brass

I don't remember much about 'Brass' but wasn't there a gorgeous redhead who frequently wore jodphurs?

Some nice women too, if I remember correctly.

Comment

Working...
                  X