• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loved the film, but could never work out the plot

The Big Sleep
    Primer
    Donnie Darko
    Pi

I was certainly that way with Primer on first viewing, but I've since spent enough time looking at time charts and on message boards that I have a good handle on it now. The Big Sleep famously doesn't make sense. Donnie Darko didn't seem that hard to follow. It's been a while since I watched Pi, but my memory is it seemed fairly straightforward for an auteury portrait of descent into paranoia. No more confusing than Requiem For a Dream, or, certainly, Mother!

I certainly didn't understand half of what was going on in Upstream Colour until I read up on it afterward.

Comment

I never understood how Billy Ray and Louis made themselves rich and the Dukes poor at the end of Trading Places,I know the idea but the execution of it just escapes me

Comment

Here you go

Comment

Thank you kind sir,if I'd known that back in 1983 I could have acted cool when the girl I brought to it asked me how they did it ,instead of trying to bullshit an explanation and then admitting that I didn't know

Comment

Donnie Darko is utter drivel.

There, that should keep us going for a while...

Comment

Originally posted by Kryvbas Gripper Rih View Post
              Donnie Darko is utter drivel.
              I agree.

Comment

Chandler admitted he didn't know who did it during the writing of The Big Sleep, due to being off his face for lots of it. But it does make sense. Might even explain it after I've had some tea.

Comment

Watch the Director’s cut of Donnie Darko. It’s laughably bad. The explanation is about as satisfying as the ending of Lost. I enjoyed it first time I watched the theatrical cut, but I was 24 or something. A very good editor at work there, making mystery by cutting the mystical bollocks.

No amount of fancy cutting could have made Drew Barrymore convincing as an Inspirational English Teacher but.

Comment

Working...
                  X