Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Favourite (funniest?) film/TV comedy dialogues (2-person exchanges)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Father Ted 'Chirpy Burpy Cheap Sheep'

{Dougal and Ted in their beds}

D: If I was a sheep, I'd be watching my back right now.

T: Why?

Because of the beast. They say it's as big as four cats and it's got a retractable leg so as it can leap up at you better. And d'you know what Ted it lights up at night, And it's got four ears, two are for listening and two are kind of back-up ears. Its claws are as big as cups and for some reason it's got a tremendous fear of stamps. Mrs Doyle was telling me that it's got magnets on its tail so as if you're made out of metal it can attach itself to you, and instead of a mouth it's got four arses.

Dougal! It's a legend, it doesn't exist.

Right, Ted, the way the Phantom of the Opera doesn't exist.

The Phantom of the Opera doesn't exist! Look, I'm not going to get into this what-does-exist and what-doesn't-exist debate again, OK? But I'm gonna have to insist you add those last two examples to the chart.

- But Ted!

- Dougal!

{Dougal winds down a white blind over the window, which reads, written on in marker:

THEY DON'T EXIST
    LOCH NESS MONSTER
    FRANKENSTEIN
    MAGNUM P.I.
    NON-CATHOLIC GODS
    DARTH VADER

and starts to add THE PHANTOM and THE BEAST}

T: No, I'm more worried about that bet I put on Chris to win King Of The Sheep.

D: You don't think he'll win then?

No burping sheep has ever won it.

What about Big Brendan in 1983?

Fluke. Anyway, it's just the heating budget. And look what the Weather News says.

{Ted holds up newspaper with front page headline 'WARM WINTER AHEAD'}

D: Ted, that's last year's Weather News.

What?

This is this year's.

{Dougal holds up newspaper with front page headline 'COLD WINTER AHEAD'}

T: Oh, I'll have to go and see if John and Mary will let me take my money back tomorrow.

I might come down with you, see if they've got another Sound Effects album. Volume Five.

Fair enough. Good night then, Dougal.

{Light off. **HOWL!** Light on. Dougal is cowering behind Ted in his bed.}
    Last edited by Kevin S; 29-03-2018, 09:26.

Comment

The same episode features perhaps the best comedy moment(s) ever for me: Graham Linehan's two audible "F###in' 'ell!"s in the middle of the hubbub of disbelief when Ted unmasks those behind the scam

Comment

Was just about to say the same thing, Giggler (they're the only two audible "proper" swears in the entire run of shows, fact fans).

Comment

Yep. John and Mary's dialogue is pretty special too, "... And you can stay in there till you learn some feckin manners..."

Comment

Pretty much any exchange from "When Harry Met Sally".

Comment

OK it's an open goal, in a movie where every line is a quote. But no one else has tapped it in, so I will:

The Dude: She probably kidnapped herself.

Walter Sobchak: Huh?

Donny: What do you mean, Dude?

The Dude: Rug Peers did not do this - Look at it! A young trophy wife, marries this guy for his money.. she figures he isn't giving her enough, you know, she owes money all over town...

Walter Sobchak: That fucking bitch.

The Dude: It's all a goddamn fake, man! It's like Lenin said: You look for the person who will benefit, and, uh, uh, you know...

Donny: "I am the walrus"?

The Dude: You know what I'm trying to say?

Donny: "I am the walrus".

Walter Sobchak: That fucking bitch!

The Dude: Oh yeah!

Donny: "I am the walrus".

Walter Sobchak: That's ex-- Shut the fuck up, Donny! V.I. Lenin! Vladimir Ilyich Ulyanov!

Donny: What the fuck is he talking about?

Walter Sobchak: Fuckin' exactly what happened to those... That makes me fuckin' sick!

The Dude: Well, what do you care, Walter?

Walter Sobchak: Those rich fucks! This whole fuckin' thing! I did not watch my buddies die face-down in the muck so this fuckin' strumpet, this fuckin' whore could waltz around town-

The Dude: Walter, Walter - I don't see any connection to Vietnam, man.

Walter Sobchak: Well it isn't a literal connection, Dude..

The Dude: Walter, face it - There isn't any connection. Your roll.

Walter Sobchak: Have it your way, but my point -

The Dude: Your roll.

Walter Sobchak: My point is -

Jesus Quintana: Are you ready to be fucked, man? [Dude, Walter and Donny turn as Jesus approaches] I see you rolled your way into the semis. Dios mio, man. Liam and me, we're gonna fuck you up!

The Dude: Yeah... well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Jesus Quintana: Let me tell you something, pendejo. You pull any of your crazy shit with us, you flash a piece out on the lanes, I'll take it away from you and stick it up your ass and pull the fucking trigger 'til it goes "click".

The Dude: … Jesus.

Jesus Quintana: You said it, man. Nobody fucks with the Jesus. [leaves]

Walter Sobchak: … [turns to Dude] Eight year olds, Dude.

Comment

Sir Humphrey: Bernard, what is the purpose of our defence policy?
                Bernard: To defend Britain?
                H: No, Bernard. It is to make people believe Britain is defended.
                B: The Russians?
                H: Not the Russians, the British! The Russians know it's not.
                Sounds very reminiscent of the Civil Defence sketch from Beyond the Fringe.

Comment

From Police Squad:

Dutch Gunderson: Who are you and how did you get in here?
                  Frank: I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.

Comment

- What about the boy, John?

- The boy's Dennis, Peter.

- No. What about the boy.... John.

- Leave the boy out of this, Peter. He's only a boy.

- Something I've always wondered, John.

- Yeah?

- How come the boy has been living with Marjorie since the divorce?

- The court ruled that I was violent and unstable, an unfit father.

- You, John? That's a damned laugh. If they had seen the way you've parented this company ...

- Well, Marjorie told this story ... one night I came home, I was tired, there was something about the way she looked at me, I sensed a mocking, a sneering ... I dunno, anyway I flipped ... emptied a bowl of trifle over her pretty little head.

- And she got custody?

- Very.
                    Last edited by Ray de Galles; 29-03-2018, 15:59.

Comment

- I gave up trying to understand Marjorie a long time ago.

- Yeah. Women.

- Marjorie isn't women, Peter.

- No, of course not, John. Forgive me. I meant no offence.

- Something I've always wondered. How did you keep Nancy so long?

- I've never been Nancy, John.

- No, your wife.

- Oh Nancy. You know. Rough with the smooth. You work at it. Do your best. Never enough time. Keep on grafting, long hours, you think you know but of course you don't, cover all the angles, they talk about stress, I tell them I'm married to it.

- Am I right in thinking that you have a daughter?

- Yup. Henrietta.

- Did he? Did he really? That must have hurt. Hurt like hell on a jetski.

Comment

Niles: What color is the new carpet?
                        Frasier: I'm going up a shade... to "Harvest Wheat."
                        Niles: I thought the next shade up was "Buff."
                        Frasier: It used to be, but they've discovered a whole new color in between.
                        Niles: So now it's "Tofu, Putty, Oatmeal"...
                        Both: "Almond, Harvest Wheat"...
                        Frasier: "and Buff."
                        Niles: That's going to be hard to get used to. [Frasier nods]

Comment

Chalmers: Well, Seymour, it seems we've put together a baseball team, and I was wondering, who's on first, eh?
                          Skinner: Not the pronoun, but rather a player with the unlikely name of "Who" is on first.
                          Chalmers: Well that's just great, Seymour. We've been out here six seconds and you've already managed to blow the routine. [storms off, muttering] Sexless freak.

Comment

I

Comment

Fry & Laurie’s Major Eric Donaldson is a favourite of mine, here.

Comment

“What the fuck is this?”

- “Obviously you are not a golfer”

Comment

"Werewolf?"

"There."

"What?"

"There wolf, there castle"

Comment

Prince George: Ah, Dr. Johnson, damn cold day!

Dr. Samuel Johnson: Indeed it is sir - but a very fine one, for I celebrated last night the encyclopedic implementation of my pre-meditated orchestration of demotic Anglo-Saxon.

Prince George: Nope - didn't catch any of that.

Dr. Samuel Johnson: Well, I simply observed, sir, that I'm felicitous since during the course of the penultimate solar sojourn, I terminated my uninterrupted categorisation of the vocabluary of our post-Norman tongue.

Prince George: Well, I don't know what you're talking about, but it sounds damn saucy, you lucky thing! I know some fairly liberal-minded girls, but I've never penultimated any of them in a solar sojourn, or for that matter, been given any Norman tongue.

Blackadder: I believe, sir, that the Doctor is trying to tell you that he is happy because he has finished his book. It has apparently taken him ten years.

Prince George: Well, I'm a slow reader myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Furtho View Post
                                      Fry & Laurie’s Major Eric Donaldson is a favourite of mine, here.
                                      More fry and laurie.

Nazi fun from mitchell and webb

More nazi fun

Comment

Working...
                                      X