Best Talking Commuters in TV & Film

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Talking Commuters in TV & Film

Probably not that new Liam Neeson one, more punching than talking you have to imagine.

The naked guy on the subway in that episode of Seinfeld where he falls asleep on the subway. I think the episode is called 'The Subway'.

Comment

Leonard Rossiter as Reginald Perrin.

Always enjoyed those 'train to work' sequences, with Peter Cartwright unable to finish the FT crossword and having to blow his nose on the Greater Manchester Development Plan supplement. "A sound enough environmental comment, but not a pretty sight." (Reggie)

Comment

Speaking of Leonard Rossiter and cinematic commuters,there was a short comedy film called "the Waterloo bridge handicap " starring Rossiter which was a regular extra feature in the cinema in the early 80s, wasn't the funniest thing I've ever seen but better than the travelogues of Hastings and Bournemouth you'd usually get

Comment

Joel and Clementine in Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind?

Comment

I enjoyed 'Source Code', complete hokum that it was, and Jake Gyllenhaal was his usual impressive self in it.

Comment

I suppose it's a bit of a stretch to describe The Warriors as commuters?

There were some by the book hop-on/hop-off metro shenanigans in the last episode of McMafia the other night. By then we'd have been happy for James Norton to chuck himself under the train just to make it stop.

Comment

Of course, there's Winston Churchill in the 'not at all ludicrous' tube train scene in 'Darkest Hour'.

Comment

William Foster in "Falling Down"

Comment

Point of order - he'd lost his job, is he still a commuter?

Comment

I really enjoyed the Timothy Spall episode of Electric Dreams. He's not a commuter himself, but he talks to them.

Comment

Homer on his way to the power plant?

Comment

Brian Stimpson in Clockwise.

Comment

Don and Pete both had some good commuting related bits in Mad Men.

Comment

Surely Car Share wins the ok commuter award.

Comment

Also, Ukraine is not weak.

Comment

Originally posted by Benjm View Post
                                  Don and Pete both had some good commuting related bits in Mad Men.
                                  Which heavily reference (Pete's especially) the stressed ad executive's commute in The Twilight Zone episode A Stop at Willoughby.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                                    The naked guy on the subway in that episode of Seinfeld where he falls asleep on the subway. I think the episode is called 'The Subway'.
                                    Taking power naps is not my thing. I always wake up groggy and it takes a while for my brain start functioning properly. It registered the thread title as "Naked commuters on...", and with the above it was sure the thread was about naked commuters, then I read Winston Churchill in Darkest hour and had to think really hard why he was naked in that scene.

Comment

FC Superman, who becomes Bicycle Repair Man, although he doesn't actually talk when he's on the bus.

There must be some commuters in Madness videos but I can recall which ones at this moment.

Comment

Cardiac Arrest.

Comment

Sheena Easton - 9 To 5, with some suggestive lever pulling in the video and generally exploiting the morning train theme.

Comment

Working...
                                          X