The Downfall of Harvey Weinstein?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by G-Man View Post
    Corey Feldman has been talking about the abuse of minors in Hollywood for years. Somehow he became the punchline for jokes about child actors who never made it as adults.
    He’s a raging asshole who makes hillariously bad music.

Maybe he comes by it honestly, though.

Comment

Weinstein apparently had a team of exMossad agents who were introduced to him by Ehud Barak to keep any of this getting out.

I realise that sounds verging on an anti semitic trope so here's a link

Ex-Israeli PM introduced Harvey Weinstein to former Mossad spies

https://www.theguardian.com/film/201...se-allegations

Comment

That’s what UA linked above.

It’s batshit, isn’t it? Like something that would be rejected for a Bourne plot for being too convoluted and implausible.

Comment

It's a new angle. Farrow didn't know that Barak was the one who introduced Weinstein to Black Cube.

And yes, it is completely batshit.

I am likely the only frequent poster here who has had occasion to hire private investigators on behalf of clients, but that operation is a million miles outside the mainstream
          Last edited by ursus arctos; 08-11-2017, 16:25.

Comment

Sorry. I missed that link.

But yes batshit just about covers it

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Pepsi View Post
              He’s a raging asshole who makes hillariously bad music.

Maybe he comes by it honestly, though.
              Well, the raging might come from being abused and being shut down when her has tried to raise the subject of sexual abuse of minors in Hollywood. How did Barbara Walters respond to him just four years ago? "You're damaging a whole industry."

Comment

If Barbara Walters were thrown into a burning dumpster, the dumpster would spit her back out.

Comment

A new way of unpersonning someone...

Comment

He was always going to show up sometime as the rumors have been rumbling for years. Your turn is up, Louis CK.

“I think the line gets crossed when you take all your clothes off and start masturbating,” Ms. Wolov said

Comment

An open secret for years, and these are likely just the women who have gone on the record now. Expect a lot more to come forward.

Unlike with Weinstein, this is someone who late night comedians have had on their shows before and who is represented by agents and publicists that they work with. I'm expecting not many comments about this from the late night shows or other big-name comedians.

Comment

Uggh. What a sweaty dirty bastard.

Comment

4 women have accused Roy Moore (Alabama Senate runner) of sexual ... stuff.

Comment

Gero, Moore is being done in the Trump thread

Comment

Yes, just read it, thanks.

Comment

Spacey is costing these companies so much money in re-shoots that maybe it will lead to closer scrutiny of whom is employed in future work. If any actor has a reputation, he must be a risk, so avoid hiring him.

Comment

Now an accusation against Mad Men creator Matthew Weiner.

Comment

Never been big into Louis CK really. His standup lacks intelligence and depth. Just a man on stage talking about genitals.

Comment

He had Ricky Gervais on his hbo sitcom. That’s enough to condemn him for me, even before his wank happy behaviour became public.

Comment

He has much better material than that.

But still. So upsetting. Oh well.

Comment

And if we thought the bad news as only about Weinstein plus a load of people whom we* used to like, here's Charlie Sheen accused of sodomising a 13-year old. He denies it and the alleged victim's mother denies it too.

* Terms and conditions apply

Comment

Louis CK was brilliant. I thought he was very funny and clever. I will now file him in the same mental cupboard as Morrissey - someone who spoke to me once but now appalls me.

Comment

This Twitter thread is the happy place to escape from all the crap. Eyewitness evidence of celebs not actually being scumbags.

Comment

I'm expecting not many comments about this from the late night shows or other big-name comedians.
                                                Spot on, Inca.

Colbert mentioned it, and that CK cancelled his appearance, and then sidestepped it entirely.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno
                                                  It's so sad. As anyone who's followed him knows, he has two young daughters of whom he's super-protective. I feel so bad for them right now. He's clearly got issues but he's not another Weinstein, so my disgust is mixed with sadness. I gather that these actions are all from years ago, and that having kids changed him, but I don't know.
                                                  It is the hugely degrading behavior of an asshole. May he have fun explaining his actions to his children. There is no need to try and let him off as a changed man; just maybe he has learned to be as ashamed of his actions as he ought to be.

Comment

"having kids changed him"
                                                    "actions are all from years ago"

Maybe it is what makes it easier for you to have enjoyed his comedy, but these are the first steps to explaining this behavior away.

Plus let's not overlook how he has labelled this as all rumors for years. In effect forcing the women to put their names to the story. He is a complete bastard.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X