Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• caja-dglh
    replied
    The inconsistency is what jars me. Either you are a WineStine or a WeenSteen.

Leave a comment:

• WOM
    replied
    Ah. The crafty way they pronounce it, I assumed they were Scots.

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    Guy doesn't approve of the pronunciation many Jewish emigrés adopted in order to make themselves seem less foreign

Leave a comment:

• WOM
    replied
    Yeah...no idea what that means.

Leave a comment:

• Guy Profumo
    replied
    And the bastard couldn't even pronounce his own name.

Leave a comment:

• WOM
    replied
    He was a very smart and effective moviemaker and studio exec, all the abuse and monstrosity aside. But yeah, he worked the Academy harder than anyone.

Leave a comment:

• Hot Pepsi
    replied
    Originally posted by WOM View Post
    He was a monster, and not just toward women. The wonderful Down and Dirty Pictures by Peter Biskind is jam-packed with Harvey horror stories. The screaming, the physical abuse, the threats and intimidation, the modern day blackballing. He punched out his own brother in a board meeting once. Just a monster in every conceivable way.
    I've also learned that he worked very hard to game the Oscars. That's not new. All the studios treat it like a campaign for elected office. But Miramax was particularly aggressive about it. This makes all of that seem less benign, I suppose.

Leave a comment:

• caja-dglh
    replied
    It is positive that he should get 10 years plus before parole. That seems very judicious. I had only hoped for something of that scale but am surprised it came to pass.

Leave a comment:

• WOM
    replied
    He was a monster, and not just toward women. The wonderful Down and Dirty Pictures by Peter Biskind is jam-packed with Harvey horror stories. The screaming, the physical abuse, the threats and intimidation, the modern day blackballing. He punched out his own brother in a board meeting once. Just a monster in every conceivable way.

Leave a comment:

• ad hoc
    replied
    He's right, though. The MeToo movement has clearly gone too far when rapists actually get convicted. What is the world coming to?

(I wonder what due proces he thinks he was denied? That whole trial thing he;s just been in, for example. What was that?)

Leave a comment:

• Satchmo Distel
    replied
    I think the max available was 29 years so 23 is fairly satisfying. Other actions are still pending to ensure he gets more punishment.

His speech sounds like Trumpian delusion.

Leave a comment:

• WOM
    replied
    I'm blown away. Thrilled, but blown away.

He said he's 'confused', that he had good relationships with these women, and that thousands of people would say nice things about him. He's also worried that the me too movement has gone too far and men and women are losing their due process.

Leave a comment:

• Jah Womble
    replied
    Originally posted by WOM View Post
    Shockingly, HW is speaking at his sentencing.
    What in the world was he saying?

Normally I’d suggest that a 23-year sentence wouldn’t be sufficient, but it’ll effectively see out the rest of his life, so there’s that.

Leave a comment:

• Incandenza
    replied
    Nice to finally have some good news.

Leave a comment:

• WOM
    replied
    23 years.

Leave a comment:

• WOM
    replied
    Shockingly, HW is speaking at his sentencing.

Leave a comment:

• WOM
    replied
    Harvey has apparently fallen and bumped his head in jail. His publicist says he's also reflecting on his behaviour, so that's nice.

Leave a comment:

• WOM
    replied
    Stephen King speaks for me on this.

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    After Hachette dropped Woody Allen's "memoir" like a hot potato lest they lose Ronan Farrow and half their US staff, it is going to be published in France.

Of course it is.

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    I presume that anyone performing such a procedure would be concerned about their license and admitting privileges.

Leave a comment:

• Hot Pepsi
    replied
    Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
    Heart surgery

He actually got someone to put in a stent

Which means that he will be in the hospital at Rikers

What a miserable excuse for a.human, even by our debased current standards
    Stenting isn’t really surgery. Short recovery time. He should have gone for an open hear quadruple bypass surgery, whether he needed it or not.

Leave a comment:

• Ray de Galles
    replied
    Isn't that the exact plot of 'Get Hard'?

Leave a comment:

• WOM
    replied
    He's going to drag his feet every last inch of the way.

Sentence pool, anyone? I'm hoping for 11 years. I'm predicting 7.

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    Heart surgery

He actually got someone to put in a stent

Which means that he will be in the hospital at Rikers

What a miserable excuse for a.human, even by our debased current standards

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    I'll believe it when I see it

He'll get carsick or something