Hands on a Hardbody

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hands on a Hardbody

The fantastic documentary Hands on a Hardbody is now up on Google Video.

It's about a contest to win a truck, an endurance competition requiring people to stay standing with one hand on the truck. They get bathroom and meal brakes, but have to stay up awake. I think the winner goes over 40 hours without sleeping.

"This American Life" originally broadcast parts of the documentary before it was finished, namely interviews with one winner from a previous year's contest that came back to try to win again. He talks about the mind games that go on.

It may not sound like much, but trust me, it's a great movie.

Hands on a Hardbody

Strangely enough, I was just listening to that episode of This American Life on my Ipod; it was rebroadcast recently.

Comment

Hands on a Hardbody

Great, great movie. One of a kind movie.

Comment

Hands on a Hardbody

ursus arctos wrote:
        Strangely enough, I was just listening to that episode of This American Life on my Ipod; it was rebroadcast recently.
        Maybe they mentioned that it was on Google Video in there--there's a post on BoingBoing mentioning that it's up, and it said that the TAL episode was replayed recently.

In other "great docs on Google Video" news, just another opportunity to mention that Style Wars is also up there. One of my favorite movies ever.

Comment

Working...
        X