BBC 3's The Wrong Door.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...unfunny old tat or a new breakthrough in visual comedy?

I've seen a couple of episodes of this CGI/live action sketch show and I think I chuckled once, although I've forgotten which item did it for me. Sadly, it's not all that funny overall (a bit crap, in fact), but an A for effort as far as trying out something new is concerned.

A benefit is listening out for any bits of recognisable film music they cribbed as a soundtrack to some sketches. Oh, is that 'Lord Of The Rings' there? Hmm, think that's 'Basic Instinct'...

I saw the first one the other week. It had a kind of grim fascination. I don't know about 'A' for effort - most of the scripts stink, and alot of the CGI is, I'm sure, the sort of thing that can be knocked together pretty easily nowadays. Moreover, I'd say the fact they slap CGI into the sketches means that the effort being put into the scripts is much reduced.

Ironically, the bit I laughed at most - Spiderman on 'Superhero X Factor' - was the bit that relied least on CGI imagery.

Comment

Awful. Yet another baffling commission.

Oh, British comedy - when will you be any good again?

Comment

This program bites more than Janet Street-Porter on 3kg of amphetamines.

Comment

Working...
        X