Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Free Fire

Has this been discussed yet?

Saw it tonight and loved it. A deliberately basic, one-dimensional plot that is only a stepping off point for a fantastic, breathtaking and hilarious movie.

It has an excellent script, cast & perfomances, music, sound & editing, lighting and direction (of what is basically almost all one long scene).

The choreography and plotting of the shootout is hugely impressive but not in the smooth, balletic way of 'heroic bloodshed' movies - it's clumsy, dirty, dusty and, at times, slapstick.

It stretches the basic idea as taut as it could possibly go and checks out in ninety minutes without risking overrunning.

I really want to try and see it again on cinematic release. Somehow, it's the first Ben Wheatley/Amy Jump movie I've seen so it gives me a good excuse to finally get round to the rest of their work.

Free Fire

I really like Ben Wheatley. I'll try and see this if it gets a release in Lancaster, which isn't a given.

Comment

Free Fire

I really don't like Ben Wheatley.

Comment

Free Fire

I have no opinion on Ben Wheatley.

Comment

Free Fire

I've never heard of Ben Wheatley.

Comment

Free Fire

I just don't understand Ben Wheatley culture.

Comment

This is on Film4 tomorrow (Monday) night at 9pm, worth seeing if you haven’t before.
              Last edited by Ray de Galles; 02-04-2018, 22:30.

Comment

I’m bored. I’m the chairman of the bored.
                Lots of people get shot, and I’m supposed to care about some of them. realistically inept firefighting I guess. Maybes better than High Rise. So’s a kick in the crotch but.

Comment

Working...
                X