New Game Show. Doesn't suck much!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just sitting through a pilot for a new primetime game show (coming to a screen near you, Brit-peeps).

It's called "The Wall". two people answer questions, then split up, and one answers behind "The Wall". Balls are dropped down a bagatelle into cash amounts. Green win you money, red lose you it.

Cross between "...Millionaire" and Plinko. The possible cash prizes are fairly huge. Maximum would be something like $12 million.

It has Chris Hardwicke at the helm, who is a decent comedian, so the show will probably do very well. Not sure I will need to watch again, unless I am on it.

*I should mention that I am telling the contestants the answers, and shouting at them to do stuff, so I might watch again.

** The first couple won $1.3million but I really suspect that one of the couple is an actress.

What network is this on?

Chris Hardwick was first introduced to the US as the annoying background host on MTV's Singled Out, overshadowed by Jenny McCarthy. Now he's a hugely successful podcaster and he has that show on Comedy Central. Jenny McCarthy is now an anti-vaxxer crank. What a world.

Comment

It was on NBC last night at 10.

I am fairly sure that it was the pilot.

And yes, I am going through the back cataolgue of the Nerdist podcast, and his guests are generally very good. He does the "At Midnight" show on Comedy Central, which is occasionally hilarious, whilst totally scripted.

His stand-up is better than average. I like him.

Comment

There's no such thing as a good game show. A pox on them all.

Except when Les Dawson hosted Blankety Blank.

Comment

This one is on now, NBC 8pm PST.

Comment

Working...
          X