Blade Runner Trailer!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blade Runner Trailer!

Thought we had done this but here goes. Excited.

Blade Runner Trailer!

Sweet

Comment

Blade Runner Trailer!

THAT LOOKS AWESOME!

Comment

Blade Runner Trailer!

Looks very nice. I just hope there's not too many trailers between now and the release, otherwise we'll see half the film before it comes out. I might have to make that the last trailer I watch, just so as to keep the pleasant element of surprise. Looks like there's going to be a fair bit of tension in there, too ...which is good.

I like the nod to Vangelis in the music track, there, too - although I hope it doesn't just emulate his style slavishly. Johansson's stuff is good enough to stand on its own and I think it needs to do so, here.

Comment

Blade Runner Trailer!

Compared to the TFA and Rogue One trailers, this one is amazingly slight which suggests that there isn't going to be the same amount of revelations in the trailers.

Comment

Blade Runner Trailer!

I thought I'd seen a Ryan Gosling film or two. Checking back over his filmography on IMDB, I see that I haven't seen a single one of his many movies, much to my surprise! I'm hoping he can do more than just smoulder, though, which is what I've seen him doing in trailers for those other releases.

Which of his 'back catalogue' should I start with, do you reckon?

(In faintly related news, it transpires that Gosling's dog was taken very ill today and he and his partner rushed him to doggy hospital! Given that the dog is 16, though - and also that he sounds almost as attached to his dog as I was to my old one - it doesn't sound good.)

Comment

Blade Runner Trailer!

I thought "Drive" was a good film. Excellent soundtrack too.

Comment

Blade Runner Trailer!

Certainly looks the part in terms of visuals and sound.

Will everyone have mobile phones in this sequel?

Comment

Blade Runner Trailer!

evilC wrote: I thought I'd seen a Ryan Gosling film or two. Checking back over his filmography on IMDB, I see that I haven't seen a single one of his many movies, much to my surprise! I'm hoping he can do more than just smoulder, though, which is what I've seen him doing in trailers for those other releases.

Which of his 'back catalogue' should I start with, do you reckon?
                  I've only seen The Ides of March but I liked it.

Comment

Blade Runner Trailer!

Interesting that there seems to be Korean writing on the big building he enters. IIRC, it was mostly Japanese writing and stuff in the original. Kind of mirrors how Koreans are now a more influential group in Los Angeles today (most of the real estate in Little Tokyo is now held by Korean owners).

I didn't know that Hampton Fancher was doing the screenplay as well. I had no idea he was still around. He's done almost nothing. I wonder if he's been thinking of this script for a long time. My high school film analysis teacher was named Mr. Fancher...he and Hampton are cousins, but the impression I got from my teacher is that they didn't get along.

Comment

Blade Runner Trailer!

Ryan Gosling was good in The Big Short and also that one about the guy who pretends a manikin is his wife and everyone goes along with it.

Comment

Blade Runner Trailer!

Lars and the Real Girl.

Try "Fracture". Not a bad film.

I thought he was great in "Only God Forgives", but not everyone will like that film.*

*I should point out that he is quite smouldery in this too.

Comment

Blade Runner Trailer!

Back to the OP I am equivocal about this.

On the one hand Blade Runner is a stone cold classic. On the other it's incredibly slow. If they take the Blade Runner premise and turn it into a Bourne style chase fest action thriller then I'm not going to be happy. The slowness of the film is an important part of the dying world atmosphere.

The bit where Gosling is walking through the orange fog makes it look like LA has been abandoned.

I suspect Gosling tracking down Deckard is the first 5 minutes of the movie. This is going to be another film where Harrison Ford brings one of his most adored characters back to life only to have them killed off.

Comment

Blade Runner Trailer!

That's ok. The characters all have to die somehow.

Comment

Blade Runner Trailer!

It's too bad he won't live. But then again, who really does?

Comment

Blade Runner Trailer!

The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long.

Comment

Blade Runner Trailer!

I'm sure I posted in the Blade Runner II thread that existed when this was first announced that I didn't trust that the sequel would be very good. The trailer is truly a teaser and has me intrigued. But, damn, October 2017. This thing is dropping almost a year in advance. I'd prefer to avoid other trailers as well. I prefer to be surprised. But it's hard to do. I'm basically down to 95% of my TV watching being football, then some mix of baseball and hockey. I need something else to watch.

I like Gossling. The two that I'd recommend are the Mercy Rule (with a great alt.country soundtrack that I think was done by Jay Farrar of Son Volt/ex-Uncle Tupelo). And there's a good film called a Place Beyond the Pines (or something like that), which is really good as well. I haven't seen Drive. It only appears on commercial TV and I have no interest in sitting through commercials/having the movie cleaned up for general viewing.

Comment

Blade Runner Trailer!

I got excited whilst he was walking through the desert - I thought it was a Zardoz remake for a minute!

Comment

Working...
                                    X